Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I purchased a 96 GT with an 01 engine - DSS race block - 2.2 blowzilla. There is a knock in the engine and I am still trying to figure out if it's a rod or something upper. Haven't had much time to dianose yet. Just got it Sat.

I do have a question though for those of you who have a Kenne Bell on your ride.

When I turned car on and attempted to take the oil cap off to listen for the sound since the knock is comming from the pass side valve cover so it seems. The suction is so strong that it wants to suck the cap back on. Is that right? I mean it seems this car was built right. It was done at a performance shop and it seems not much cost was spared from the looks of all the recipts I have.

Any feedback is appreciated!!

** Also - if anyone has any experiance taking off a Kenne Bell I would love to get an idea of how to get the blower off so I can get to the valve cover. I am just not seeing how.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Nice man you got the KB 2.2 as well. What power are you hoping to make? It would be cool if you let me know about your pcv set up. I can tell you how mine is and show you pics as well.

So you say take the six screws out and then I can pop blower off? What holds it? Permatex? Also do you happen to have the install instructions?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Im honestly only going for 550 but im sure it will be well over 600. Im pullied for 18-19 psi. Im going to get a 110 tune and 93 so we will see what she makes. What pcv setup???? lol. I got rid of it. Im running valve cover filters. I do have install instructions but the one i have is for the 2.1. so its not exactly the sam. No, you take the six bolts out and the intake comes off. That will leave you with this

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Here i have one filter in. I only have 2 connections into the back of the plenum. One for the vacuum cockpit, and the other for the gas tank i believe (not 100% where it exactly goes but it follows the gas line to the rear)

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL - Looks very Nice dude! Thanks for the info. When you remove that plenum does it have a gasket on it or what? I just need to know what to do to put it back on. I am really hoping there is something messed up in the valve train vs the bottom end. It only has 5K on the block.

I'll get a pic of mine but I belive mine run together into a glass type catch piece and into the back of the Kenne intake. Mad suction from my oil cap. It would be cool to see those instructions honestly! Do you have them in Electronic format?

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also what do you have for fuel set up?

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a good set up for sure! Thanks for the info too by the way. If you remember I would sure be curious to talk with you when you get it done and tuned.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you planning on keeping that filter in the engine compartment? If you are thinking about it I would really advise against it. The under hood air temps will be no good for your set up at all, even if it is intercooled but if it isn't I would def go grab the air from the fender. My air cleaner is all the way down to the bottom of front bumper.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NO-PI Are you asking if mine does? I think so but I'm not sure how it is supposed to be or what Kenne Bell intended since I don't have install instructions. I need to maybe call them. I will post some pics of my system here this evening probably.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To be honest I think it may be but I am not 100% sure. I just purchased the car. It is a 96 Gt with an 01 engine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts