Votes: 19 46.3%
  • TVS R2300

Votes: 22 53.7%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Read Only
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i friend of mine is wondering which supercharger is better and wich one would be the best for the stock mustang 2006.... i told him to pick up the roush one but i always heard the kenne bell its a badass one.... what do u guys think would be the best for the car, i mean life of the engine, hp... torque..

By the way the car is automatic..

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
i friend of mine is wondering which supercharger is better and wich one would be the best for the stock mustang 2006.... i told him to pick up the roush one but i always heard the kenne bell its a badass one.... what do u guys think would be the best for the car, i mean life of the engine, hp... torque..

By the way the car is automatic..
What are his end goals? The TVS is supposed to be very efficient up to about 13-14 lbs. I've been looking at S/C's and have narrowed my choices down to the Whipple or TVS.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
i mean wich one would be for the life of the car... he want to have the car 4ever
I don't know which one is supposed to last the longest but I wouldn't base my decision on that. Get the right blower for the intended application. If your planning on keeping the car forever, it is all the more reason to get the one that is going to suit your needs better.

·
Read Only
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know which one is supposed to last the longest but I wouldn't base my decision on that. Get the right blower for the intended application. If your planning on keeping the care forever, it is all the more reason to get the one that is going to suit your needs better.
alright!! i just mean wich one would be the best for the car..

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
alright!! i just mean wich one would be the best for the car..
Nobody can tell you that without more information! Kenne Bell Mammoth is probably the "best" blower out there. Is it the best for your car. Probably not. What are your goals? How much power and boost do you want? Are you planning on changing out the Piston Rods? Are you going to keep the compression ratio the same? Are you going to run pump gas?

Come on man, that's like asking what kind of tires should I get with out knowing if he is going to do autoX or 1/4 mile.

At least give us some kind of power goal or something to go on, and we can help you out.

Edit: What I am trying to say is that all S/C's are different and all have it's advantages and disavantages. Without knowing how you are going to use it we can't tell you what the best for your car is.

·
Read Only
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nobody can tell you that without more information! Kenne Bell Mammoth is probably the "best" blower out there. Is it the best for your car. Probably not. What are your goals? How much power and boost do you want? Are you planning on changing out the Piston Rods? Are you going to keep the compression ratio the same? Are you going to run pump gas?

Come on man, that's like asking what kind of tires should I get with out knowing if he is going to do autoX or 1/4 mile.

At least give us some kind of power goal or something to go on, and we can help you out.

Edit: What I am trying to say is that all S/C's are different and all have it's advantages and disavantages. Without knowing how you are going to use it we can't tell you what the best for your car is.
man, he just want to make sure if he is getting the best supercharger.. he wants it for fun,, nothing for race ether for 1/4 mile.
he want to put it on withouth changing anything just stock with the supercharger

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I own a TVS, so you might think I have some bias...but I only bought it because I got a smoking deal on it - and my car is a Roush, so there was a lot of appeal to keeping it all Roush.

I have studied these superchargers a LOT.

The bottom line is the Kenne Bells (and Whipple twin-screws) shine the most when they are really up in the boost.

If going KB 2.6L vs a 2.3L TVS...up so 15 PSI I like the Roush better personally. It makes great power and does so very efficiently. Beyond 15 PSI, from the information I have seen, the twin-screw is more efficient. You can push the T/S to 20-22 PSI. The TVS maxxes out at 20.58 PSI...but it starts putting out a lot of hot air without a big commensurate return on power above around 16 PSI or so. Really, from what I have seen, I personally believe the TVS design to be more efficient than the T/S designs, but the fact that the KB is .3 liters bigger offsets the slight efficiency edge the TVS has, so it is a wash. So then you have to consider other factors, like total power goals, ease of installation, whether you believe KB's big cold air snorkel is superior, etc. Lastly, the KB comes with a tune. Plug-N-Play. The TVS will require a custom tune - $350 to $750 or so depending on your tuner.

Now, given a KB 2.8H vs a 2.3L TVS...there is no comparison in capability...the fact that it is bigger means it can move more air more efficiently...and therefore make more power vs. the TVS. The KB2.8H punishes the 2.3L TVS.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
man, he just want to make sure if he is getting the best supercharger.. he wants it for fun,, nothing for race ether for 1/4 mile.
he want to put it on withouth changing anything just stock with the supercharger
Well the best is still very subjective with what you have given us, but I think the TVS will provide instantaneous boost and run more efficiently at the levels that you are looking for. It is pretty close between all of the top brands, whipple, kenne bell, roush, and saleen. You will get different opinions from everybody as to which is the best. I think the saleen and roush TVS are the best for low boost applications. Once you get into the 12-14 lb. boost range I would go with whipple or kenne bell.

Intercooled is the way to go also no matter what boost levels you are running. Also don't forget to upgrade fuel system, injectors, and possibly ignition systems. Once you start running in those power levels one should also think about drivetrain and suspenion upgrades as well. It takes a lot more than just slapping a blower on there to run that kind of power on the street.

Hope this helps. This forum is a good source of real world info, just ask specific questons and you will get some great answers. If you throw broad strokes out there the amount of information that you will get back might just make it more confusing.

Side note to your buddy. Build from the bottom up. There is no use having 500HP if you can't get it too the ground. Guys with less HP and better set ups will smoke you. I'm looking to get blown but have a few more things to do before I think my car will be ready for the increased power. Full suspension including tires is done, gears, driveshaft, and tranny are done also. I want to build the bottom end too, but I might just get the blower and run low boost until I get new rods and crank. Building from the ground up is a tried and true tested method to making cars go faster.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Very good info in this thread.

The one thing to consider is future intentions.

If he is ABSOLUTELY positive that he is not going to want to crank up the boost much more then pump gas will allow, then he should go with the TVS.

If there is any cahnce that he may decide to eventually build the bottom end and want to really crank up the boost, go with the biggest, baddest one the first time. Unlike a Centri blower, if you run a blower too large for your current combo, you are not going to suffer by losing A LOT of midrage compared to the smaller blower and have a very peaky power range.

The larger blower may reach peak boost a few hundred RPM higher, but will still have TREMENDOUS low end torque, and leave you with a lot of room to crank up the boost.

KB2.8M FTMFW!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It's completely dependent on how much boost you plan on running in the future. If he's going to run 16 lbs or less than without a doubt the TVS would be the smart choice. If you want to run 18+ lbs of boost than I'd go with the KB. The TVS is a beast for it's size, fit and finish is flat out great, and Roush has great customer service. So since you said he only wants to run 10 lbs or so than without a doubt get the Roush TVS. Most people don't understand how efficient these blowers are and I like that.

op, do u have the downs or something? jesus christ
Santi is from Spain.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Santi is from Spain.

How do you know that?

And to the OP. You can see by the voting there is no "best". There are bad choices that you can make when building a car, but I don't think you can go wrong with either one of these. Your buddy will be happy with whatever he chooses because both will get you to that 500 HP easily.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.