Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys.. plan on placing the order on my 2.1L in the near future... just wanna talk to evreyone who has bought from then and how they feel about dealign with KB and how they like the supercharger!.... also about the install, ive been looking online and it seems like the install is easy for the most part and just tedious and long... thanks in advance for the help!:D

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
what are you paying for your kit?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure on what the final price will be.. havent called them to order yet.. but im guessing around 5,000... thats the price on the site

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Hey whats up guys.. plan on placing the order on my 2.1L in the near future... just wanna talk to evreyone who has bought from then and how they feel about dealign with KB and how they like the supercharger!.... also about the install, ive been looking online and it seems like the install is easy for the most part and just tedious and long... thanks in advance for the help!:D
My dealings with KB have been good. Some people claim it takes awhile to get ahold of them but I never had an issue.

You will LOVE the supercharger, just be sure and get the intercooled kit. As far as install, it is not hard and they provide great instructions.All you need is sealer, antifreeze,distilled water and spark plugs the kit is very complete

·
Registered
904 Posts
ya kit comes with literally EVERYTHING, except for what limited noted.

I have had a little trouble contacting them but for the most part it was pretty good. Nothing that would make me regret the charger anyways. Very happy with my results

install is tits, just take your time and dont rush.

·
Registered
193 Posts
what's so bad about the non IC kit as long as you get it tuned? i mean just for street use i was considering the non IC kit then buying the upgrade IC kit when i save up the extra cash. they sell the upgrade kit for 1100 with all the missing parts. plus they give a 10% military discount :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have had dealings with KB a lot over the last year, getting my car going. There were problems and KB was nicer than most to deal with. I would buy another KB without second thought, a good company overall.

Get the intercooled kit to begin with. You will not want to pull it back off to install the intercooler. A KB car is a fun car...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Spend the extra in getting the ic kit. Twin screw sc's get extreamly hot and that hot air will do one of 2 things, increase your chances of detonation, and your car will yank so much timing it wont be fun.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
I haven't had any issues dealing with KB. A couple times it took a few phone calls to reach someone, but it wasn't a big deal to me.

As far as the SC is concerned, I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ive had mine for over 3 years now. My ic kit came with everything I needed.

Yes! With the heat during the summer, IC is the way anybody should go. Heatsoak you can feel even with IC. Cant imagine feeling it without an IC.

But I am happy with my purchase, and it just makes the car an animal on the streets. Power is THERE soon as you crack it open!:D

This is my first blower car, and I still cant believe how different they are between cool mornings and heat of the day driving around. i wish it was 50 deg all year round.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Ive had mine for over 3 years now. My ic kit came with everything I needed.

Yes! With the heat during the summer, IC is the way anybody should go. Heatsoak you can feel even with IC. Cant imagine feeling it without an IC.

But I am happy with my purchase, and it just makes the car an animal on the streets. Power is THERE soon as you crack it open!:D

This is my first blower car, and I still cant believe how different they are between cool mornings and heat of the day driving around. i wish it was 50 deg all year round.
agreed

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the 1.7L KB kit and it is by far the best mod I've ever made to the car. KB is a great company, they stand by their product and their tech support is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They can be tough to get in touch with at times, the phone is usually busy, but persistence and dropping an occasional email will get you through to them.

Install is very straightforward like everyone else said, the kit is very complete (granted I bought a used kit that turned into a nightmare - but the staff at KB was incredible in helping me to piece things back together). Took me 2 weekends to install on my 03GT - the install manual is exceptional.

Like everyone else says, I suggest you spend the extra on the intercooler. It's insurance on the engine and a must have for hotter climates.

No question they're expensive, but the first time you chirp gears and hear that distinctive whine kick-in, you'll realize it was worth every penny. You will not regret it!

·
Registered
904 Posts
still cant believe how different they are between cool mornings and heat of the day driving around. i wish it was 50 deg all year round.
Agreed!

btw my frozenboost.com heat exchanger should be here today, im going to try and take some pictures of the install. should help out with those iat's on warm days. My tuner noted that the stock kenne bell HE appeared to be very similar to a stock Termi HE, idk if thats the case

1 - 16 of 16 Posts