Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
lots of beer! Just follow the directions, they have pictures on every step. It is time consuming but if both of you are doing it will be cake (and more fun)! I did it by myself which was a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
its not all that bad to do, i know when taking the upper intake manifold off of my v6, and i dont know if this applies to a kenne bell, but i didnt put the egr back on right away because it was easy to get the intake to line up without it on, and getting it on later was hard, and i ended up just taking the manifold back off and connecting the egr up to it and just dealing with the added trouble, not sure if that applies at all

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
read the instructions through several times and understand them before you start.when you sand down the ecm contacts,take it down to copper and clean well. you will need 1 range colder plugs,ultrablack sealer,anti-freeze,spray cleaner.you also should solder all your connections,above all,take your time. I did it myself and actually enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I use blue painters tape to tape up the holes on all the parts i removed, and label the step number. I tape all the screws or bolts to the part to so nothing gets messed up or lost. Keep everything clean, take your time, and follow the directions, but when you think the directions are wrong, just do what seems logical.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I use blue painters tape to tape up the holes on all the parts i removed, and label the step number. I tape all the screws or bolts to the part to so nothing gets messed up or lost. Keep everything clean, take your time, and follow the directions, but when you think the directions are wrong, just do what seems logical.

+1000

This is exactly how I do involved jobs. And make sure you RTFM. :Yes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts