Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the price for a kenne bell supercharger for a 1997 mustang gt? It is one of the only ones on the kenne bell site that does not give the price of it. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
And, the 2.1L is made for the PI. You may have to convert to the PI heads. The full kit is about 5K. But it comes with EVERYTHING. As long as you are dropping 5k on a supercharger, you might as well spend the 400$ to get a set of PI heads and cams anyway. You should be able to find someone willing to give em up for that. And its good for 50hp on top of the power the KB will give.

·
Registered
962 Posts
call them and ask them, the kits for 96-98gts is no longer available.

but the cobra kits are available. still...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I don't understand where to confusion is on their site. If you click on superchargers link, there is a link to the 2.1L Kit for the 96-98. The 2.1L 99-04 and the 2.6L for the 99-04. What is confusing about that?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Because of the C/R change of a PI SWAPPED car, general knowledge says no more than 10lbs max. Most people go about 8-9 depending on the s/c.

But that boost is only as good as the person who tunes it. The tune is critical here.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Your contradicting your own statements man .

They are made for the PI, and the NPI... How am I contradicting my self by saying it is made for the PI? You can do it with either. Do you mean I said it was Designed for the PI or something? and that you HAVE to swap to the PI heads? I said you MAY have to swap. I hadn't looked at their site in several months, but in looking back at it I saw it is the same, you can do it with either. My previous statement still stands tho, if you would just go look at the web site, all the questions about what it works with could have been answered. Including my own uncertainty, which is why I posted again with the correct info.

·
Registered
962 Posts
PAY ATTENTION WHEN I SPEAK, they no longer make them for npi cars.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts