Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is any one currently using the tuner kit....not the complete 2.1L kit, but the 2.6L big bore, cobra throttle body base kit on their 99-04 2v gt mustang? this specific one. thank you.

difference is the 2.1L is all inclusive at $5000(kenne bell site) and the 2.6L requires much more parts to complete the kit and is retailed at $5500(kenne bell site).

pluses /minuses (pro/con) reliable? what tune company you use---diablosport, sct, sniper, gms, meagsquirt, microsquirt..etc.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Is any one currently using the tuner kit....not the complete 2.1L kit, but the 2.6L big bore, cobra throttle body base kit on their 99-04 2v gt mustang? this specific one. thank you.

difference is the 2.1L is all inclusive at $5000(kenne bell site) and the 2.6L requires much more parts to complete the kit and is retailed at $5500(kenne bell site).

pluses /minuses (pro/con) reliable? what tune company you use---diablosport, sct, sniper, gms, meagsquirt, microsquirt..etc.

2.6 is a race version , engine must be fully built to hold this blower , works best with ported heads and blower grind cams , and requires a complete fuel system to push enough fuel to the engine , Tim Barth at Modular Powerhouse would be the guy to talk to about one of these ......hes installed several im sure .....

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. im contemplating going all out if i supercharge. im not afraid to build it, im afraid of what i'll spend in doing such. thinking 5.0 stroked 4.6 @ 8.5:1 CR w/ midrange cams and high flowing heads. to say the least.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks. im contemplating going all out if i supercharge. im not afraid to build it, im afraid of what i'll spend in doing such. thinking 5.0 stroked 4.6 @ 8.5:1 CR w/ midrange cams and high flowing heads. to say the least.
If you are thinking about going all out Modular Powerhouse will install a 2.8 for you if you want. Tim recently got 640hp/561 tq out of that charger on a 2v running 93 octane, and 713hp/625tq with a race tune. They guy had a built block, MPH heads and cams and a few other items.....MPH knows how to tune a KB..
714/626 GT - MPH Forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts