Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a 2.1 Kenne Bell on your stang. just wondering how good they are. looking to do some stuff to my car. My car is a 04 gt auto, stock with force mufflers. Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know they are high but KB website shows great numbers with one

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
its awesome blower. what do you want to know?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Welcome to the forum. All i know is that you can make fun of imports because your blower will have more CID than their entire motor.

·
Registered
468 Posts
its a great blower if it suits your driving style....u have to think about how you drive and what you want out of your car...i love top end and having the car pull harder and harder as the rpms go up and never having the power drop off thats y i went with a centri

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just want to be able to run with the ls1's in town. tired of gettin beat. i have a list of mods im goin to try to get this year.

Mac lt headers
pro chamber
KB 2.1
maybe cams and heads

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
If you want to run with the ls1s, I would definitly go with KB. Great for adding power, might want to p&p along with the blower. Definitly a great choice though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
either one will run with an ls1...but the centri will pull an ls1 that much harder up top...a kb will blast it out of the hole though...so like i said, it depends on ur driving style and what most of your racing consists of...going from digs or on the highway

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Make sure you beef up the tranny as well. And maybe look into a high stall converter. With the stall and the KB you will be leaving the ls1 guys at the light. That is of course until you run across one that is built.

·
Registered
748 Posts
10psi on a stock 02 gt and a 2.1L KB = death.....i know...buddy just blew his engine. great blowers....but recommend forged internals with that poweradder...imo. by the way read KBs site because once you set that blower to 14psi it loses 3psi after a certain blower rpm...the blower is most efficient at aproximately 10psi...been doing their research on the 2.1L vs the 2.6L just a thought...do alot of research.

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah kb's are much harder on stock internals since they make boost almost instantly where as the centris gradually make boost its not as much of a shock....+1 also on kb's losing boost at high rpm's

·
Registered
748 Posts
the above is the 2.1L blower. direct bolt on with all parts needed (from kenne bell). the 2.6L is a tuner kit and requires that you build the kit and get a custom tune. just an FYI for all who dont read the whole thread.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have only seen one in person. It was a complety stock KB GT. stock wheels and tires even and he was whoopin up on a vette. TA wasnt even any where fair race. Dont know the boost he was running, it most have been under 10, just a guess tho.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts