Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what exactly would i need to upgrade and if so what would it be, if i plan on putting the 2.6 Kennell Bell supercharger on my 2000 gt stang i want to have at least 500hp

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i would fordge the internals if u want that much power, theses stock internals are crap that high, but i dont know, better fule pump, injectors, u said u wanted new cams, ummmmmm... i think the kit comes with all u need to hook it up, but im not a pro man, but 500 seems a little high on stock unfordged internals

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Can only run a bit over 400 hp on the stock block. So you would need a forged bottom end. Fuel pump upgraded. Cold air intake (upgraded maf also). They give you a pretty complete kit though. I have the 2.1 L not sure what injectors and such they give you with the 2.6. And a custom tune.

Cams would also be recommended, a big horse increase with the blower. Its not required though. Also A/F gauge would be highly recommended. And personally i would upgrade the radiator to be safe...

Im sure there are some things that i forgot too...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the best tranny to get to support 500+? I plan on getting the supercharger in july but for now i want to build my stang up to where once i put the supercharger in it will already be set up to support it, im jus stryin to figure out what exactly thanks guys.. For that amount of money i wouldnt mind getting a new fully assembled engine that comes with 400-450 maybe? any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
you can get fully assymbled forged shortblocks... if ur not wanting to crack the motor your self.. mabey some of theses guys with stupidly fast cars can give you exact specs.. ac can give you a cam grind

MMR Pro Trans 750, can hold 750 hp.. or so they rated it..
mabey the t56.. i would get a six speed if i were changing my **** out..

and there are some good guys on here.. also look in the vendor section they have people from the companys that u can to via PM and thell be able to give u answers:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts