Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there an easy diy way to reprogram the factory keyless entry remote...mine needed reprograming and i called the dealer and they said to bring it in it would take but all of a couple mins to reprogram it so im guessing it might be something i can do on my own. Am i right and how if so?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
somebody has to know something or know of a link

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
lol didnt look at the owner manual but I know most keyless entry remotes have to be programed by the dealer not all but 99% (from what I heard when working at the auto shop) they have a special tool that does it.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
With new edges you turn the key on then off 8 times very quickly then hit the lock button on the remote. Just did it this past weekend.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
You can do it by cycling the key on and off, and doing something with the lock/unlock button.

It says how to in the manual. I have done it before, you definitely don't need to bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i know to do it yourself you need two keys if you only have one you have to go to the dealer if had to do it with my ranger to get an extra key cuz I only had one and now I only have one key to the stang cuz Im not payin the dealer $200 again just to have an extra key ... and after typing all that i realized your talking about the key fob not the actual key so that was a pointless post ... soo Merry Christmas lmao

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Here you go!

1. Ensure the vehicle is
electronically unlocked.
2. Put the key in the ignition.
3. Cycle eight times rapidly (within
10 seconds) between the 1
(OFF/LOCK) position and 3 (ON).
Note: The eighth turn must end in
the 3 (ON) position. The doors will
lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been
activated.
4. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter.
Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the
procedure over again. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that
this remote entry transmitter has been programmed.
5. Repeat Step 4 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.
6. Turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position after you have
finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters. Note: After
20 seconds, you will automatically exit the programming mode. The
doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has
been exited.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Do you happen to have your foot on the brake ever during the process?
nope flat on the floor... i just bought it and he said it stopped working so he replaced the batt in the remote and it hasnt worked since. which is shitty cause its got a system in it and i live on Michigan States campus and i cant lock the doors with the key either cause it doesnt work either... (both were not mentioned untill hours after sale in a text messege... rat bastard)

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Does the key start the car? LMAO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts