Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had the lil keyless thing but im sure my mustang came with it. It's fully loaded with the entire mach system and everything so im sure at one time it had it.

I'm wondering can you just go buy some new ones from ford and use a lil programming sequence to get em working, i hate having to stick the damn key in the thing all the time.

Not 2 mention when its cold it seems like the stupid lock doesnt wanna turn and i have to keep wiggling it like i'm trying to crack a code or some ****.

However if its expensive i might as well get a cheap alarm system slapped on it instead, i got a good friend with his own electronic store/shop. (after spending 3g's on a sound system and repping his store in some sound competitions we became pretty cool). My system also puts up 145-150db :O

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah i got the same car mine has it strange you dont

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im sure my car has the keyless entry, just the lil remotes got lost along the way.

So i'm wondering can i just go to ford and buy a new remote and then program it for my car. However i kno ford is costly (stealorships rape u anyway they can). so if its going to cost me alot just to get some damn lil remotes to program 2 my car then i might as well just an alarm system for 200 bucks.

But if i could get the remote for 50 bucks or 75 or something then it would b worth it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
my car doesn't have keyless entry. 97 GT

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
yea the black box in the trunk...when i got my car it only came with one (chipped key) and a key fob....my dad wanted a spare that he keeps with him and that was like 170 bucks....and they program it and everything...

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I've got a 96 GT as well. I have the same problem when its cold with wiggling the damn key! Haha. I've been wandering the same question...

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
mine works like a beut....over the summer i got really pissed and i slammed the keys against the ground and it broke into a few peices but i put it back and it still works lol...just no buttons...

·
Registered
3 Posts
96 Mustang GT keyless entry...

So when I bought my 96 GT the guy told me it had key problems so I looked all over for someone to install new locks and program a keyless entry fob for me, to make a very long story short, evidently 96 gt's did not have keyless entry standard and I ended up buying an alarm/keyless entry/remote starter and the directions are vague at best, on the first step I am already lost it is asking me to locate the power wires goin to the igintion switch and wire the control mod to it but I cannot find any wires to my ignition switch especially ones that match the wiring diagram I recieved from autozone. So now that my steering column is in parts and I have screws and parts every where can someone tell me the easiest way to wire the alarm module for reference I am using a pro ca611 made by code alarm, and it is asking for me to wire the module into the ignition switch.

Thank you in advance.

TS

·
Registered
255 Posts
^^nice thread hack it threw me off

1 - 20 of 24 Posts