Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Money is the main factor here!!! Stock pirellis are worn out in the back and excellent up front at 9500 miles.I dont want to spend almost 700 on new pirellis for the back when i can get 4 new khumo ecsta LE sports for 720.00 (255 40 19,s).The reviews for this tire have been pretty good for an inexpensive tire.my next choice wold be nitto Invo,s one thousand for 4 tires or BFG Gforce sport comp 2 at around the same price(1k).But money is the main factor right now.

·
Registered
832 Posts
What I don't understand is in car reviews people will say Oh yeah these stock Pirellis are great but in reality they suck....so much.

You know what you can do is get Continental DWS which will cost MORE but it might actually save money in the long run because of its immense tread life. It's all season and its got grip! very good performance. :( I want Micheline Super Pilot Sport as my next set!

·
Regular
71 Posts
i have them on my stock 19x8.5 rims, and honestly they're pretty great. for the same price i think you can get hankook ventus v12's for about the same price. The kumho's are great on the road, and are pretty awesome overall. IMO they were a good buy considering they were so cheap.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
What I don't understand is in car reviews people will say Oh yeah these stock Pirellis are great but in reality they suck....so much.

You know what you can do is get Continental DWS which will cost MORE but it might actually save money in the long run because of its immense tread life. It's all season and its got grip! very good performance. :( I want Micheline Super Pilot Sport as my next set!
I don't like the pirellis because they don't hook. But they have lasted a long ass time for me, I'm at 23,000 miles, probably 60 passes at the track and they are at 5/32s all the way around.

They don't balance for **** though. I stopped rotating them because every time I did they went out of balance.

·
Registered
133 Posts

The Dws is rated for long life because of the 400+ treadwear, A good tire for a dd but not a performance tire!

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you are gonna get Hankook Ventus v12, might as well as get DWS or DW. Hankooks aren't bad at all it's just they wear out super fast.

Yes...stock Pirellis do NOT hook ....I didn't know they lasted a while cause I changed mine after 14k miles

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are gonna get Hankook Ventus v12, might as well as get DWS or DW. Hankooks aren't bad at all it's just they wear out super fast.

Yes...stock Pirellis do NOT hook ....I didn't know they lasted a while cause I changed mine after 14k miles
they wear fast because they are a sticky 280 treadwear, and are a summer performance tire, DWS are all season tires! there is a big difference!

·
2002 Mustang Gt
2,024 Posts
I've always liked kumho escta

... Sent from your car :shiftyeyes:

·
2002 Mustang Gt
2,024 Posts
I've ran 285 40 r17 Kumho 285/40R17 Ecsta ASX (KU21) there all season Tires and the thread wear is 420 AA/A and I've found them great for DD

... Sent from your car :shiftyeyes:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the stock pirellis,i think they are a great tire,but the rears are almost gone at 9500 miles from spinning and the fronts are like new.like i said i would rather spend 720 on 4 new kumhos than 700 plus on 2 new pirellis.But since i want to do some mods to my car i think i might just throw 2 new Kumhos on the back with the stock pirellis on the front and use the rest of the tire money on a gt500 axle back or a Roush anti wheel hop kit.Decisions!!!!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like i,m gonna just get 2 rear 255 40 kumhos (ecsta LE sport) and leave the stock pirellis up front until they wear out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I personally won't touch Kumhos. Tried a set on my last car when they were supposed to be the hot new thing & IMHO they sucked. There's a lot of better options available.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I personally won't touch Kumhos. Tried a set on my last car when they were supposed to be the hot new thing & IMHO they sucked. There's a lot of better options available.
Were they the Ecsta LE Sport Kumhos?And if so on what car and what size?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mid Ohio performance school uses these on there cars,so they cant be that bad,besides the reviews i have read on these tires have been very positive.like i have stated money is the big issue here and for the price it looks like the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can't go wrong with nittos from AM
Agreed. Im running Invos out back and the 555R out front. Best STREET tires out there in my opinion. Pricey but very good.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts