Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought four 17x9 anthracite bullit wheels from americanmuscle. I've had them for a few weeks now, and i REALLY wish i would have gone with the black bullitts instead. So my question is, is it worth it to try and paint them myself? I've never done any painting like this. If you could give me an idea of how much work its going to involve and what products i would need and how to do it that would be friggen awesome! :D

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
dont do it.:no please tell me you havent mounted the yet. if not send them back or try to sell them and BUY something different. dont jack up your wheels by painting them

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
dont do it.:no please tell me you havent mounted the yet. if not send them back or try to sell them and BUY something different. dont jack up your wheels by painting them
+1 or take em to a paint shop n see how much they charge to do em right just my .02cents

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the are mounted on the car. That's why I'm asking about painting them, I would have already called am if they weren't mounted. Ehh... screw it. I'll just keep them on till i can find someone with black bullits willing to trade, or until i eventually save up enough money for 18" black chrome saleens.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Your new wheels are a HUGE upgrade dude! They look way better! You're bored with them already?!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think anthracite bullitts look nice. Keeping them until you find someone to trade is what I'd do.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think Bullitts are played out too much. I cant stand them anymore. I wanted some Saleens but I cant dump $1000 into wheels and tires. Ugh Im so sick of modding this car, I wanna just buy a ZO6 or something.

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
I think anthracite bullitts look nice. Keeping them until you find someone to trade is what I'd do.
I have anthracite and I get compliments all day on my car. However, I'm planning on changing it up soon. Going all chromies.

I think Bullitts are played out too much. I cant stand them anymore.
I feel this way about a lot of mods I want to do. It's like everyone else on this forum has done it already and it's nothing original. But then I get out and actually drive my car, and 99% of the cars you see are ugly and boring, and most mustangs are stock 4x4's, and you realize your car is bad-ass and original to all these people, and it's awesome.

I love my bullits; the only reason I want new wheels is because 1) I want deep-dish and 2) changing the goal for style to something different

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I've grown to hate bullits. almost every mustang here has them and its a small town

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
I've got my eye on the new American Racing Nova's... but I'm skeptical and need to see them in person before I commit... Seen them in pictures on challengers and s197 mustangs, and they look great.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I painted mine about 3 years ago. scuffed all the shine off with a green scotchbrite pad, masked off the machined lip and the tire then sprayed with 4 coats of Duplicolor black rim paint, then 4 coats of clear rim paint. let cure for a week and then wetsanded with 1500g and polished with my mothers Powerball mini and some paint polish. rims came out looking like glass, and now three years later still look great. No chipping, lifting, peeling, nothing.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Triple lawl. Lawllawllawl.

Cars in general are a waste of money. But it's fun.

·
_
3,782 Posts
At this point, I suggest craigslist em as Brand New. Just sell it for a little less than you baught it, your bound to sell em that way. Powdercoating is NOT cheap, but it lasts longer than you will.

Better yet, put them up on here for sale :p

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If he had 10.5" rears I would take them off his hands for not much less than what they are new. I almost want to have my FR500s widened a half inch or so in the back to fit 315s, have them powdercoated, and the minor curb rash sanded down. It'd probably look massive to have big 315/30/18 Mickey Thompsons out back.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
go ahead and paint them. it wont hurt. my fr500s came out good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts