Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story, kid wanted to race on the street I told him how stupid that is and told him I only race at the track. He has a 05-09 gt, auto, Ford supercharger kit, stock bottom end. I believe suspension is stock and for tires I know he has 20s besides that I'm not sure. He has no experience racing.

Info about mine, 02 gt, auto irs, cammed bolt on, 4.10 gears, will have 18s on as soon as they arrive with nitto invos, Eibach pro springs, tokico shocks all the way around, when I go to the track, ill take passenger seat out, and mach trunk system. I have 8 years of racing experience, but none in my mustang.

I do believe mine can out handle his, and being lighter will be a advantage. As well as my experience.

What's everyone's thoughts?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I think it could go either way. He's probably got about 400rwhp, you probably have around 300rwhp, you've never raced your mustang, but you do have 4.10 gears.

·
good with the steel.
244 Posts
My money is on you cobra.

Hes new, yes his car is faster in a straight line but.. autox is all about putting that power down in a corner.

His supercharger with intercooler is all nose weight. His big rims kill his gearing.

Experience holds its weight in gold.

Youre lighter and have better suspension and shorter gears and have 8 years under your hat.

·
Hot rod Stang
550 Posts
You'll spank him on the track!

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Supercharged and stock suspension? What an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Supercharged and stock suspension? What an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
It use to be owned by a police officer. It might be lowered, but stockshock and control arms to my knowledge.

I'm building my car the opposite. Way, making everything else able to handle the power, then ill add boost, then in few years build motor to handle more, ill have to upgrade the half shafts then. Next up is brakes, 6 piston

1 - 11 of 11 Posts