Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal. I just installed a magnaflow tru x off road xpipe. It is raspy as ****, to the point that I really hate it. It is way way to raspy. I am determined to make it work and at the same time kill the can full of quarters sound I have now. So the question is this, what toild kill the raspy sound better, high flow cats or in line resonators? Thanks.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
He has the flowmaster AT cat back I believe, they sound like 40s to me.

Pretty much dude, with that cat-back and any off road mid it is going to be raspy. I happen to like that sound, but I have delta flows on mine which provide a lot deeper and less raspy sound, but not as loud, if you have 40s and you want to trade we can do that. I'm sure you remember how my car sounds.

·
Registered
367 Posts
get glasspacks!!! magnapacks or stingers with that x pipe they both sound great

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to feel bad man. I was expecting somer rasp, but not this much. It sounds great on acceleration but when you come off the it sounds like someone is shaking a can of quarters. I have the flows like weems said. I have heard flows with x pipes before and liked them. Just need to figure this out. Any ideas other than new catback? .

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
No need to feel bad man. I was expecting somer rasp, but not this much. It sounds great on acceleration but when you come off the it sounds like someone is shaking a can of quarters. I have the flows like weems said. I have heard flows with x pipes before and liked them. Just need to figure this out. Any ideas other than new catback? .
I know exactly what you mean, my mach had the same setup minus the magnaflow for bassani, and when you let off to coast it had a loud ass gargle to it, the only thing I couldn't stand.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
ditch the piece of **** flows is what i recommend. installing high flow cats is another good idea. i heard a local guy with the same set up i had but his was catted. it sounded a lot better imo.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ditching the catback aint an option at this moment. My question is high flow cats or resonators

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
My uncle has a mark viii and he's running the magnaflow xpipe with 2 short magnaflow resonators and his isn't raspy at all. Just a deep musclecar sound.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
My buddy had a 04 cobra with a bassani catted x and flow 40s, still has a good bit of rasp, not as much, but still a good bit. He wound up just removing the cats and selling them.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn it lol this is difficult. Fml lol

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I think either way it would take some of the raspiness away. I would get the hi flow cats, cause it'll get rid of some rasp and make you legal like sweet said. Killing two birds with one stone is always nice.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I've got SLP x-pipe with cats, and Flowmasters. Not raspy, just nasty! Add some cats and you should be good!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts