Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1148 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the car now finished 2/10/2014 (the rest of the thread shows how it got to this point)

Now the build thread!

Well guys, I would imagine some of you will hate this idea,
some will love it, and alot will just ask why- I have been a Honda guy forever, and I recently saw the build where the guy took a wrecked corvette and fabricated it all into a Honda civic.

I figured why not use a car of similar size, like a mustang? Well it turns out the 94-98 mustang wheel base is 101.2 and the integra is 101.1 . I have had my Car for over 6 years and decided i wanted to do something that had not been done to an integra.

I think the only way to describe why i am doing it is simple. You would never expect it when i pulled up to a meet or a track.

So here it is, 97 mustang cobra is the donor car-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So- It begins! Today marks the first day moving forward. This project started a month or so ago when i purchased the Mustang for the swap, but no work had been done.

last week i DROVE my integra WITH AC BLOWING COLD, around my block hit vtec, and pulled it into the garage for the last time... The tear down began.

I took a perfectly running (recently featured in a magazine) car and TORE IT DOWN!

Today was the day i REALLY tore into it. The motor is SOLD, along with the 5 lug conversion. This project BEGINS-
Here is the Feature from April 2010

The car as it sat last week- (with the mustang wheels because i sold mine)

the day i got the donor (cobra)

the MOTOR

So the first thing i did, was tearrrrrrr down the mustang, and part out as much as i could to regain some cash!

Well then i had to sell my motor, once i found a buyer for my 5 lug conversion and my gsr swap, i got to work!

MOTOR OUT

Motor delivered to buyer!

suspension and 5 lug out!

Stay tunedddddd for progress!

Update 7/22
This is the FIRST cut

We decided to cut the roof off in 2 pieces so the front half came off first-

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My arms were tired as Helllllll after that- so taylor took over on the 2nd half

Taylors GET SOME face

Bustedddddddddd the back window! (not on purpose, but didnt care)

Roooooof OFFFF

Pieces to haul off to the trashhhhhhh

And how it sits at the end of the day!

The rear quarter panels and everything from the floor up to be cut away next week! Until then! Thanks for all the suppport!
Enjoy!

8/1/10

Ok i cut some more today-- Quarter pannel goneeee

8/13/10
Had to move some wiring today so i wouldnt cut into the wires!

Then proceeded to remove the left rear quarter panel

Which left me with this-

SOOOOOOo i needed to cut that all off- which gave me-

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

So i figured out that the integra c pillar bar fits between the shock towers perfectly!!!! Here is me messing with it- my daughter wanted to take a picture haha

BAM the strut bar fits!!!!

I really like this picture for some reason

And finally. the cobra pedals which i think are sweet!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Wow, I love it and hate it all at the same time, awesome work, man :D

Just be careful with that Cobra hood and front bumper cover - if you don't want those, I'm SURE there's an SN95 GT owner who does.

Eagerly awaiting more!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
And actually, those are Bullitt pedal covers.

Just an FYI - that shock tower brace you added does nothing. There's no lateral stress at that point of the car, so it's just extra weight. I'd just sell it to recoup some more cost.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And actually, those are Bullitt pedal covers.

Just an FYI - that shock tower brace you added does nothing. There's no lateral stress at that point of the car, so it's just extra weight. I'd just sell it to recoup some more cost.
Thank you sir!! haha i will remove that then haha -

I parted out mostly all of the car already -- all i have left is the tailights and the trunk-

·
Registered
81 Posts
oh hell ya. i love it when someone tries something completely different, not alot of people have the balls/time/patience/know how to even attempt it. i eagerly await the progress.

what type of time line do you have for it?

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I honestly thought I was going to se a C head swapped continental in an integra, keeping it fwd. If I had to take a honda and do some v8 swap id do a continental 4.6, and throw it in the back of an eg, making it mid/rear engine rwd, and still light. Good luck with the swap, hope it all works out in the end.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
congrats on such a unique swap, but why not use an lsx?
because someone as already done it in a civic and he wants to be different. why such a stupid question?

progress looks good OP looking forward to seeing how it turns out

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
MOAR! this is an awsome build. i really dont see you getting flamed for this build. Your completely customizing your car. not just ricing it up. i cant wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am blown away that nobody has flamed!!!

Again the reason i chose the mustang was because of the size- the car is basically the same size as the integra-- not to mention i really wanted to stay with the 5X114.3 lug pattern so my wheel options stayed plentifull!

The biggest downside to all of this sofar is that the only way to minimize headache and setbacks is to go back to left hand drive..

As cool as it seemed in my head to be right hand drive and V8 and RWD- it would be too much extra fabrication, and probably eliminate my chances of keeping ac-

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh hell ya. i love it when someone tries something completely different, not alot of people have the balls/time/patience/know how to even attempt it. i eagerly await the progress.

what type of time line do you have for it?

I gave myself a year- as a timeline- but the more i do, the more i think it could be done alot faster.

I want the car done and running before April of 2011

In fact i would like it done before the end of this year~

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Dude legit I dont see anyone flaming you if they do, they will most likely be flamed in return. This is awesome.

Where are you located you never know some MM'ers might be near and be glad to lend a hand!

·
Booger Bear
3,552 Posts
I'm a little confused, so let me get this right...

You're taking the integra shell and putting it on the cobra drivetrain?

Not my cup of tea, but sweet none-the-less.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a little confused, so let me get this right...

You're taking the integra shell and putting it on the cobra drivetrain?

Not my cup of tea, but sweet none-the-less.

Keep us updated.

Yeah thats basically the idea-- I started out by pretty much planning to replicate what was done with the Ford focus rwd conversion, then the more i thought about it, the more i realized ford already did the work- i just need to swap the body over-

Im in Houston- TX

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
gonna be fun to see done

1 - 20 of 1148 Posts