Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the summer i seen it while stopped in traffic. looking in the rear view just a light white smoke, nothing real thick or heavy and want leaving a trail down the road behind me, lol.

then i started noticing when i first start it in the mourning and let it just idle for a minute...i then will rev it a few times and it will smoke also. seems to just be every so often and doesnt do it at all times. it's def. not blue or grey..just white. also has no kinda coolant smell, more of either a fuel or oil type of smell.

any help with this would be great fellas :)

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Throwing any codes? Sound like it running rich. Check your plugs and see if one is fouled

·
Registered
671 Posts
Have you put on anything exhaust related?

sent from my talking box

·
Registered
671 Posts
Check under the oil cap for condensation if its milky I hate to say it but you know the problem :( best to check first in the morning on my 99 I had the same thing happen it was just a very light leak but I took care of it right away I pressure tested the coolant system that's how I found it. But if that's not it it might be running rich but that's usually not white exhaust white is water vapor

sent from my talking box

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so people say check oil for milky oil. i neever really knew what that meant, lol. is it gonna knida look white, if its the head gasket?

·
Registered
671 Posts
so people say check oil for milky oil. i neever really knew what that meant, lol. is it gonna knida look white, if its the head gasket?

Yeah the exhaust will be white looking. the oil by milky it means it will have a milky kind of look almost like a gravy is the best way I can describe it lol mine did not show on the dip stick because it was leaking into the cylinder. That's why I said check Under the oil cap but also check the oil dip stick for this also
sent from my talking box

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so lets say i was to do a pi head and intake swap. that would fix any valve issue and head gasket or intake issue that would cause the white smoke right? been debating on doing a pi swap all year, lol. i would get new heads from jegs as well as a new pi intake. would that pretty much take care of any smoke issues possible?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Kind of looks like a chocolate milkshake.

:bootyMaybe it's those 20's rubbing?:p

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
LOL, that's a good one man!!

Your car looks good to me, I don't see why so many people give you grief for it.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^haha, figured i'd get that outta the way before somebody else grabbed it, lol.

so if i did a whole pi heads and intake swap...would that take care of any smoke issues i could have at the same time...kinda like repairing while upgrading :)

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
so lets say i was to do a pi head and intake swap. that would fix any valve issue and head gasket or intake issue that would cause the white smoke right? been debating on doing a pi swap all year, lol. i would get new heads from jegs as well as a new pi intake. would that pretty much take care of any smoke issues possible?
Yes if thats your problem, don't forget to check your plugs. If the exhaust smells rich with white smoke, its probably rich. Also check your coolant. If your burning it . It will be low

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Oh and if you decide to buy used, I got a set of pi heads fully assembled and intake for sale

1 - 20 of 47 Posts