Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, iv searched and searched for a... i guess you could call it, deluxe rebuild kit for my 02 gt, im getting a new block, and im wanteing to keep it as stock as possible, and my heads are off getting machined, the only aftermarket i want to do is cams, and a new valve spring kit, which i plan on getting from comp or a nother reputable dealer. well this is my first time doing this and i don want to **** something up, so i need some help on the bottom end. i cant find the kit any where so im going to piece together a kit

heres wht i think i need:
Pistons, Rings, Gaskets, Rod Bearings, Main Bearings, Cam Bearings, Freeze Plugs and Timing Set

and would going .10 mabey.20 over make a big deal with out supporting mods? or is it not worth it

·
Registered
748 Posts
no. going over .010 or .020 wont make that much of a difference. i went .030 over in my grand fathers 350--now a 355. nothing noticeable. theres my .02

if your not doing crank or rods? get them line honed and polished. get the crank polished...wont need ground. get it all decked if need be.

example of a list of parts to rebuild....this is a master kit for a chevy 350 k truck, k engine.
Federal Mogul, or Hastings rings
Federal Mogul dished Pistons
Federal Mogul rod brgs
Federal Mogul main brgs
Federal Mogul cam brgs
Melling Oil Pump
Federal Mogul Camshaft
Federal Mogul lifters
Melling Timing components
Pioneer Frost Plugs
Victor-Reinz gaskets

also include 2 bottles of clevite assembly lube....pesonal preferance (brand)...but get an assembly lube.

windage screen while ur at it.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If your buying a new block why not get forged internals? You can get them with stock specifications but they are much stronger. The biggest difference going .030 over would make is that you could run Patriot Stage III heads which have bigger valves.

·
Registered
600 Posts
its not worth the money to punch these motors. going .30 will gain you like 4-5 cubic inches which will not gain you anything really. you'd be much better off spending your money on something else to make it stronger.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
its not worth the money to punch these motors. going .30 will gain you like 4-5 cubic inches which will not gain you anything really. you'd be much better off spending your money on something else to make it stronger.
+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts