Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this was blowing up on my facebook tonight, not sure if anyone here has seen it, but its definitely worth watching. It is amazing the power social media has behind it and what it is capable of. And how easy it is to support a large movement.

Its a long video but its worth watching. Its very well made and has a powerful message, give it a watch.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in just my circle of friends 15 people have re-posted this in the last hour. thats 1 am my time

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
This Kony fella seems to have kidnapped and imprisoned 30,000+ children forcing them to kill their parents and essentially be part of his army/militia. He was listed #1 on ICC's list of worlds worst criminals.

Only fights to maintain power and abuses peace talks to flex his power.

It took 26 years to arrest him.

The makers of this film contacted 20 cultural icons and 12 policy makers to get his name out there and make his name known and let his crimes be known. These people include John Kerry, George W. Bush, Bono, George Clooney, etc.

Pretty much they are using social media to get this guys name out there and make his crimes known.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
This is the guy Obama sent a bunch of troops to Africa to eliminate isn't it? The one that Rush Limbaugh stood up for, saying Obama was out to target "Christians in Africa"? I'll watch the video later tonight after work.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
This is the guy Obama sent a bunch of troops to Africa to eliminate isn't it? The one that Rush Limbaugh stood up for, saying Obama was out to target "Christians in Africa"? I'll watch the video later tonight after work.
I skipped through the video alot to only get the idea, but it specifically said that the US wanted no part in it because it was a minute spec on their to-do list.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
"Everyone in Washington we talked to said there is no way the US will ever get involved in a conflict where our national security or our financial interests aren't at stake"

·
5,502 Posts
I skipped through the video alot to only get the idea, but it specifically said that the US wanted no part in it because it was a minute spec on their to-do list.
Found it: Obama Takes on the LRA | Foreign Affairs

Also from the same article, we had a previous, failed mission there as well: His announcement did not publicize the fact that U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) has had an unspecified number of soldiers deployed in the area to assist the Ugandan army for years. In late 2008, AFRICOM was even involved in a military push to take out the LRA once and for all.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
everyone is so ready to go help them, dont get me wrong its terrible whats going on over there but comon guys the U.S needs its own help and not worry about other countries **** right now. we just got out of a war, we dont need more U.S troops fighitng again. im not into politics and i dont want to argue about them i just think we should take care of ourselves before anyone else my two cents

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
everyone is so ready to go help them, dont get me wrong its terrible whats going on over there but comon guys the U.S needs its own help and not worry about other countries **** right now. we just got out of a war, we dont need more U.S troops fighitng again. im not into politics and i dont want to argue about them i just think we should take care of ourselves before anyone else my two cents
If you'd watch the video youd know were not going to war with them. The US sent 100 ADVISORS over to help train and coordinate the police/military already in place to track down and capture kony.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If you'd watch the video youd know were not going to war with them. The US sent 100 ADVISORS over to help train and coordinate the police/military already in place to track down and capture kony.
Exactly the video explains the plan is to train the army over there so they can help track Kony down through the jungles.

·
Was str8chillng
506 Posts
This "KONY 2012" campaign is asking for MORE US troops to be sent into Africa. Look up AFRICOM and understand what this is part of. Your consent is being manufactured.

google. it.

·
5,502 Posts
This "KONY 2012" campaign is asking for MORE US troops to be sent into Africa. Look up AFRICOM and understand what this is part of. Your consent is being manufactured.

google. it.
Or, you can just look at the link to the Foreign Affairs article I posted which gives a nice history of AFRICOM and Operation Lightning Thunder and our history with Uganda and the recent action by Obama sending more troops (advisors).

1 - 20 of 67 Posts