3.0" collector
or
2.5" collector

2.5" xpipe
or
3.0" to 2.5" xpipe
or
3.0" xpipe

(idc if it has cats or not...jw if anyone has tried/used the 3.0" headers and what xpipe)

·
Registered
551 Posts
not really sure but from what i hear 2.5" is perfect and will flow up to 5 or 600rwhp? dont hold me to it im not positive but im sure somebody will jump in soon. i think 3" could actually hurt you if you dont have that much power

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
per kooks i know they say 2.5" up to 500hp(flywheel/flexplate)--i believe thats where they rate it at...they could be talking about brakehp or whp. the 3.0" with step down xpipe is for 500-650.....and the full 3.0" is for over 650.... im jw who ahs what...most ppl i presume haev 2.5" all through...but maybe some one is/has run the 3.0" collector headers.

·
Registered
551 Posts
most people run a 2.5 collector and 2.5 all the way back. i dont know if id run a 3" collector and downsize the mid pipe and catback i would just feel thatd be restricting the motor but i could be wrong:sorry

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its supposed to give the engine the ability to make some more power by giving the room for more exhaust gas...as it cools and runs throught the xpipe, less space is needed...but the exhaust gas velocity is kept up pretty well due to its stepped down nature. now its no where capable for use on an engine making massive HP, but maybe for one making good power s/c this would be ideal bc more hp could be achieved. idk if one would really get thatmuch more...but the philosophy sounds right......

so no one is using a 3" collector LT form kooks? *sighs* guess i may have to be the guinea pig....i wanted to also know what affect it would have on the sound of an exhaust setup. the exact same setup just a full 2.5" or a 3" to 2.5"....oh well.

·
Registered
551 Posts
yea im not too sure but i think the bigger the exhaust may make it sound a little deeper? i wish someone else would jump in here and give some imput:dunno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts