Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have stats/running this throttle body? American muscle has it but had my mind set on the ford racing one but i need it asap. Im havimg serious throttle hangimg issues

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
the L&M is pretty similar to the FRPP. same size and both use OEM-type gears instead of brass gears. i've never heard anything negative about the L&M. if you're still using your stock TB, your throttle hang issue is probably tune related.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was hanging before the new dyno tune. Its just worse now

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Who tuned it? I don't really like the L&M TBs. I would stick with the FRPP or even the VMP Tuning's TBs.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firsf dyno tune was horsepower solutions. Second was mike at mid atlantic performance. All hes done for18 years is mustangs. He said the bbk tb is junk for FI

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, the guy that tuned and did my install was suppose to order a new throttle body and finish fine tuning the car. but, his shop number has been disconnected and he doesnt answer text or phone calls. so, i guess i will get the new TB on my own but then i dont know what to do about getting the fine tuning done.
anybody know what the differance is between the ford racing TB and the GT500 TB?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ford racing is 62mm gt 500 is 65mm I think the shelby 500 uses a spacer.
IIRC the FRPP one is 62mm and the GT500 one is 60mm. Hence the reason the GT500 guys get the FRPP one.............. I dont think they would be going down in size on a PD blower.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think i will go with ford racing. Now just gotta fix the tune issue

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, appently, the only person who can modify a written tune is the person who wrote it. So, after spending 450 on a dyno tune, i now will have to redyno tune it just tweak it for the throttle body. And first place i called said 995 for a dyno tune.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
So, appently, the only person who can modify a written tune is the person who wrote it. So, after spending 450 on a dyno tune, i now will have to redyno tune it just tweak it for the throttle body. And first place i called said 995 for a dyno tune.
Why not just get an email tune from another company? Sure you won't get your highest numbers, but is spending the extra $700 worth a few HP?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its not the HP im after. Its the drivabilty, the idling, the vacuum
And an email tune is going to be nothing like a dyno tune i just paid for. Problem witj email tunes, they are based off someone else tune.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Its not the HP im after. Its the drivabilty, the idling, the vacuum
And an email tune is going to be nothing like a dyno tune i just paid for. Problem witj email tunes, they are based off someone else tune.
I think you'd be surprised at how good email tunes are from a reputable tuner compared to some backyard mechanic who thinks they know how to tune S197s. The 3V is one of the much harder Mustangs to tune. Probably the only harder vehicle to tune is the GT500 or 5.0 now.

If you're completely against an email tune than go with remote tuning. It will be just as good as a dyno tune. The tuner will email you a file to start with and you'll run it and datalog. Send the datalog back, they will make adjustments, etc and that goes back and forth until it's perfect. Usually only takes a few back and forth exchanges before it's perfect.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
with that being said though nasty, my tuner had some issues with getting my combination tuned. he had never tuned the brenspeed detroit rocker cams before.
umm, not sure exactly the conversation now but i know he said he had to take alot more timing out than usual.
if i get an email tune, how will i know my boost, etc. im just really scared that an email tune is going to more harm than good? but, if someone has some suggestions on good email tunes, im open to making calls and seeing what someone can do.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I ran a Brenspeed canned tune for over 2 years if they can tune my thumprs Iam sure they can tune thier own Detroit Rockers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts