Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have another thread going on and was recommended I get some poly engine mounts. I was wondering what kind of labor cost I could expect from doing a project like this? Also, I see I can get an entire poly bushing kit for my suspension. What kind of labor can I expect for doing the whole suspension with poly bushings? Thank you for any help

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buddy if I could I wouldn't be paying a shop to do it lol. Plus my tool set is so basic I'd have have a hard time putting ikea furniture together

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
A shop will charge you for an hour but it should take way less than that. It's like 3 bolts on each side.

As far as the suspension bushings, no clue. You will get some benefit to doing this but I think it's kinda a waste to press them into your stock stamped steel suspension parts.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really doing it as a maintenance kind of thing I'm getting a lot of fluids swapped and I was doing the engine mounts along with a k member support. So I figured why not doing the whole suspension while they're tearing **** apart. Why would it be a waste with the stock steel parts?

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Its a waste because the stock parts flex a lot. Its like putting a 500hp to the ground and running a 255 winter tire. You gotta upgrade more than one part. And how many miles on your car because Im sure its less than mine and my bushings look pretty new.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Soft steel and soft bushing the bushing flex more. Change out to poly and the soft crappy stock steel parts will do the flexing. Not worth it to me. Upgrade to some BMR parts and get real benefits :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah that makes sense. Well thank goodness I asked before I spent money on it. Looks like I'll just be getting the che k member and poly engine mounts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts