Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have never reverted to negative things like drinking when I have an issue. I always work out hard or work harder at whatver task I was doing.
My bank account is suffering for sure lol. Lots if parts have been purchased for my torino, and I bought an AR.

that ex part was a total plot twist

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

you are handling it much better than i would. My temper would have got the best of me
I'be had my days of borderline apeshit.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Holy hell. I don't know how I missed this.

Dude, it might not seem like it, but I think you're handling it well. This much bullshit would 95% of people to their knees. You have the right idea, keeping your head up, keeping yourself occupied with the right people and talking about it. You're going to learn a lot from this experience, good and bad but what you make of it will depend on you.

Your strength in this situation will rub off on your loved ones. This **** is hard on everyone.

Again, I think you are going it right.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
My bank account is suffering for sure lol. Lots if parts have been purchased for my torino, and I bought an AR.

I'be had my days of borderline apeshit.
Now I'm a gun guy and I own 2 AR's and an AK, along with numerous other weapons, but in this state of **** going on - was an AR purchase smart?

Unless you want to pop off rounds at a range to release stress. I get it - I do it.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Let me put it this way, I traded for an ar. My 7mm wsm is to expensive to shoot, so I traded an older shotgun for mine.
Gotcha! Just curious.

I'll tell you what - if expense is an issue I would have gone AK. That Russian ammo is dirt cheap and the AK eats it up like it's nothing.

But nothing truly beats the feeling of shooting an AR. So smooth and clean.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Cannot argue that. Plus I've never been an AK guy...
I wasn't either - and am still not. It's more of a survival gun now for me. I don't look forward to shooting it or like staring at it like I do my AR's, but I cannot argue the knock down power of the 7.62x39 round or the reliability of this weapon. It simply works.

As for your post, I shared it with a few buddies and they were like "just when you thought your life was bad...".

I'm sorry to hear this. You're way too young to be experiencing this, but you will be stronger for it when you're older. You'll look back at this post in 5 years and shake your head. Take it as a learning experience and move on. Just too young to let this crap effect you. Take it as a life lesson and ensure it doesn't happen when you're a parent.

The world is a cruel place. Better to learn that younger rather then older I believe. Easier to rebound when you're younger as long as your head is strong.

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yeah, gotta dig deep and keep pushing. I'm honestly cutting ties with my dad. Tried talking to him a few times on my own accord. He never initiates conversation, and I'm not going to be put second by my own father to my ex.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Wow man. Stay strong.

So, update. I saw the ex, and promptly chewed her ads for a solid 30 min. (Made her cry) she claimed she wasn't going anywhere. Don't care at this point on how I handle it with her or my father.
If I was betrayed in the way you were with your family, my dad would never hear from me again. No ex of mine would ever get the pleasure of seeing or hearing from me ever again.

·
Registered
490 Posts
That's a lot of **** to deal with at 19. I could give you some messed up stories about some ex's I had but of course none involving my father. After what your ex and dad did do your best to avoid contact with both of them for your own good. Keep moving forward with the current girl but take it easy and don't expect to much, Shes got a lot going on in her head to. I once dated a girl where the bf died in a crash and it really messed her up shes still having issues with it 2years later, I no longer see her. In time things will get better people have recovered from way worse. Take your car and build it up do something you enjoy to slow the thought of what happened.

Good luck bro

41 - 53 of 53 Posts