Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting Jasmine ready for sale. She has been a great car. We have had such a solid and steady relationship, it makes me sad to let her go. But I'm wanting a real RacecaR and I don't want to pull the Mustang off the street because I really like driving her. So, cleaned up the motor on the Pontiac yesterday and gonna give her a final bath as soon as it stops raining. Yes water does occasionally fall from the sky here. Got the engine bay looking pretty decent for a desert daily with 74K on the clock.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is Jasmine ? Solstice or something ?
I name all of my cars. I named my sexy Solstice GXP after this hot "dancer/entertainer" that left a lasting impression on me once. Well actually 3 times, but who's counting. My Mustang's name is Jessica if you're curious.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In other words she could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
I'm not a kiss and tell kinda guy but she was definitely a freak.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
I name all of my cars. I named my sexy Solstice GXP after this hot "dancer/entertainer" that left a lasting impression on me once. Well actually 3 times, but who's counting. My Mustang's name is Jessica if you're curious.

Was she at Sapphires or Palominos? :shiftyeyes I might have spent some time (and money) both while I was in town for SHOT a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any ideas of what your'e going to get?
Gonna ask for $10K. Realistically, prolly get $9K.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Was she at Sapphires or Palominos? :shiftyeyes I might have spent some time (and money) both while I was in town for SHOT a couple weeks ago.
Crazy Horse II, actually.

You came to my town and didn't give me a shout. That hurts my feelings.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I meant to replace it
LOL....I'm looking at something like this. Gonna go 540 Dart motor (or another big block) with dual quads and a 200 port injected nitrous set up. I wanna run a 9.90 index. Figure 800-850 hp ought to get me there comfortably. I figure $5K-$6K for a shortened 9" and 4 link suspension, and about another $15-$20K for motor and tranny. I'm trying to build a 9 second car for $40K. If I could find a decent 2nd gen camaro or firebird, that might do the trick too. I originally wanted to do a 68-70 Mustang but have found them to be a bit pricier than what my budget is going to be.

Corvette 1973 - 454 big block

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got her bathed...

...and got the headlights buffed out. They look 100% better than what they used too.

Just going to dye the convertible top and she will be ready for her photo shoot. Then starts the sad chapter of actually selling her. Makes me sad, I really like that car.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty decent results. Just gotta go back and get another can to finish her off but it already looks a ton better. This car is starting to look pretty nice. Almost makes me wanna keep it. Well I do want to keep it but it won't fit in the budget/plans.

Before

After

Before

After

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
My wife daily drives a 09 Saturn Sky. They have pretty good power for what they are and hers is just the 2.4 non-turbo. I would kill to have my mustang hang in the corners half as good as her car.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My wife daily drives a 09 Saturn Sky. They have pretty good power for what they are and hers is just the 2.4 non-turbo. I would kill to have my mustang hang in the corners half as good as her car.
I love my GXP. Cut the tires loose whenever I want and then I can throw it into corners like a go cart. Just not fitting into my plans currently. I did buy this car to keep forever kinda thing but life sometimes takes you in a different direction.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
they are fun, but they are pretty small. She bought it because it was low miles and would be driving about 100 miles 4 times a week to school. I think she's gotten her fun out of it and is ready for a new thing as well. She got it pretty cheap. Driving it makes me want to put an IRS on my 99 GT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts