Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone launch with nitrous and a 2 step? Just wondering how you have your nitrous set up so that you arent spraying while your at the light on your 2 step set at 5k rpms???

·
Registered
485 Posts
isnt there a window switch or something of that sort or a safety that doesnt allow your car to spray while the clutch is pressed in?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure. I know that you can pic your low rpm and high rpm to spray and also what gears to spray in. Worse comes to worse I'll just spray after 1st gear

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use a push button activator. Launching on the juice will probably require slicks and a good suspension. The WOT switch will also work, because i hope you are not holding the gas at WOT while on the 2 step! :eek:
Thats the point of the 2 step, you dont just hold it down till it kicks in and set there. You hold it to the floor. Now im not saying I sit like that for a long time. I only put it down when the tree is on the second yellow. And I have slicks and suspenion so that im not worried about. Thought about somehow hooking it up into my linelock swich so that it would somehow interupt the nitrous until I let go.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hows your differential?? ask it what it thinks about you launching on the spray:D

·
Registered
378 Posts
He's got a built rear. I too was looking into this. I was trying to think of how to wire it in with the 2 step if I can. But I haven't come up with anything yet.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ooooh.. well ****.. do it!!!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Thats the point of the 2 step, you dont just hold it down till it kicks in and set there. You hold it to the floor. Now im not saying I sit like that for a long time. I only put it down when the tree is on the second yellow. And I have slicks and suspenion so that im not worried about. Thought about somehow hooking it up into my linelock swich so that it would somehow interupt the nitrous until I let go.
You can generate SERIOUS amounts of heat while on the 2 step. The rev limiter pulls fuel to control the rpms. You should use just enough gas to hear it bounce off the limiter, then floor it when you launch.

You could use a momentary off switch on the nitrous signal wire and hold it while you are on the 2 step at wot, but i advise against WOT on the 2 step. It could be fine for a while, but its not good.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The MSD launch controller pulls spark, not fuel. Like stated, I dont sit on it as soon as I stage. I'm only on it Right before I launch
[ame=http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u4/xplodr150/?action=view&current=Racing004.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would use a window switch you can set it to spray when you let out on the clutch like a trans brake and you can set it to cut off at a certain rpm that way if you miss a gear it dosnt hurt anything. If you dont spray till second gear you will lose alot of et.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
but if u spray in first gear and spin thru second youll lose even more et!s

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if the window switch is triggered by the clutch then i wont have a problem. i didnt know it was set off by the clutch

·
Registered
115 Posts
i no my buddys car had that set up but im not sure if his was done off the clutch or a roll control. ill check with him and let you no.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i didnt neither.. lol i9ve never used one.. i trust my reflexes:D

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think im going to just hook up an interupt switch to the clutch so when its engaged, the circuit is open and when you let the clutch out the circuit closes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts