Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered BMR's black anodized billet control arms with poly bushings. Was this a wise choice in lca's selection?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well its a little late to ask this question now, but what are you going to be doing with the car?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'd say any LCA is better than stock. I bought some cheap J&M LCAs when they where on sale and they are far better than stock. I've only had one case of excessive wheel hop and it was wet as **** out. Otherwise the car either 'glides' or 'flutters'... my words and yeah they sound a little fruity but it describes it well. It either just glides across the road with no traction but very nice steering input or it flutters a little. Its like very faint wheel hop but doesnt jerk the **** out of you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They just about have to be the strongest out there being machined from solid billet. They look pretty, like you would ever see them hardly, LOL.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Aftermarket LCA's are GREAT for reducing wheel hop... I have taken about 1000 miles off of my tires in trying to make my car do the wheel-hop. It seems to be gone!!! The way the BMR's are built it seems to me to be the best LCA's

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was looking at BMR's website and I noticed that the Billet ones cost $289.95 while the regular ones are only $134.95. Is it really worth the extra $150 for the Billet LCA's?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
How much of a racer are you? THey probably way a hell of a lot less than the others.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not a racer at all lol. I just want some LCA's to reduce the wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Then the regular ones will be fine for you. I got the ones with the rod ends on one side and those ALONE killed my hop and didnt really add that much NVH into the car. My car is a DD and i have no problems running rod ends. Hell if you could get the Billet LCA's with rod ends on one side i would have gotten those. WIth the SLP loudmouths and the X you are running i doubt you would here the added NVH the rod ends would add anyways.

HTH!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks, my car is also a DD and I'd rather save the extra money If It won't really do much for me anyway so I guess I'll just get some regular LCA's. Now my only problem is what company to choose. BMR, UMI, J&M, Steeda each one seems like they would be good.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well CRAP!!!! Late Model Resto just called me and said BMR told them the billets LCA's will be on a 1 to 2 month backorder. They said they pulled all existing ones off the shelves and was doing a redesign. So with that said and done, I ordered SVE billet LCA's from LMRS. They was a $100 cheaper and looks sweet as hell. Shipping tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts