Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help, I have a leak from the back of my block under the intake manifold, inbetween the heads (but not the heads.) Theres a hole that looks like it goes up against the transmission. I cant upload a photo of it. Can anyone tell me what it is, please. Thanks.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
And what would your swap be? engine is what? Cant help without help from you bud

·
Registered
185 Posts
Was there a plastic cap there before? Are you talking about the hole in the back of the engine valley that would drain debris/liquids into the clutch/flywheel area if the cap wasnt in place?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that would be the one, I'm sure there was one there but during the course of my swap I cant officially remember if I took it out or it broke or what.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah Im in the middle of my swap as well. The plug on my block was so dry rotted it cracked in half when one of the chains from my engine hoist smacked it. I've been trying to find a part number or a replacement but so far I havent been able too. I called the dealership and they didnt know what I was talking about. My next idea is to take a picture and head down to the dealership and see if they can help me out from there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help. I have a pic on my camera I'm probably going to head down to autozone and see what happens. I think its a freez plug.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so my freeze plug attempt is failing. It looks like it goes but the hole has little bumps that wont let it fit it all the way. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I dont think its a freeze plug. Mine was just a plastic cap and I think the little bumps kept the cap in place.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone help me this and 1 other thing are keeping me from completing my pi swap. Its been a battle and I'm almost there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There shouldnt be anything leaking from it. Its definately not a freeze plug. Its a drain hole in the back of the engine block valley. Theres a loose fitting plastic cap that goes there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, the leak was from a bolt that broke on the intake manifold. But there was a cap there and I wanted to plug it like it was before.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here you go man, I found the part finally.

Heres the part

If you look at the picture it shows the part as 6C070 and if you scroll all they way down you should find it. If the link doesnt work I found it at fordpartsgiant.com.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No problem, that site has almost everything.

·
Registered
185 Posts
No problem, that site has almost everything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts