Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ford is set to announce big changes to the 2011 Mustang at the LA Auto Show in just a few weeks time, but thank to someone with access to the company's ordering system, a few details have already slipped out.

Among the details include news that the California Special will return. There will also be an SVT package with 19-inch wheels, an RR spoiler with gurney flap, stripe delete and a 3.73 limited slip rear end. Other details are scarce, but there was a listing for the GT500 Convertible, that included a supercharged 5.4-liter V8 engine. That would mean some sort of EcoBoost V8 is out, but it still leaves open the possibility that the V8 will have an aluminum block, which will help the GT500 lose a bunch of weight where it needs to most.

As for the Mustang GT, it will get a six-speed automatic transmission – although that may still be optional.

Ordering for the new 2011 models will begin on January 18th, but we should know more about the 2011 Mustang revisions once the car's debut at the LA Auto Show on December 2nd.

More: Leaked: 2011 Ford Mustang Details Slip Out on AutoGuide.com

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
sweet find....I can't wait till this beezo comes out!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
damnit i woulda waited if i woulda known there would be another Cali Special!!!!!!!!

That is sick though

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the California Special? I mean, it's what, wheels and some stickers?

I'm VERY not happy about 19" wheels, mostly due to price of tires, but also do to the totally unecessary weight added at one of the worst possible places. They better be wrapped around some seriously huge brakes.

I'm not so concerned about details regarding the GT500 'vert - the last update to the GT500, where they basically took the KR's suspension and made it standard, wasn't applied to the convertible; so there's a chance that the 'vert will use all of the remaining 5.4s where the coupe will get a new motor. Maybe not a large chance, but it wouldn't be unprecedented.

I like that there's an SVT package - I'd like to see a new SVT that's not tainted by tacking on someone's name to the back and the price inflation that goes with such name-dropping. Hopefully it'll include improved suspension, too, but I won't hold my breath.

I'll be happy so long as there's a new motor for the GT.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I just hope some of my mods will done by the time that 5.0 comes out or i'm really gonna feel inferior as Sh*t!
Sounds like you need some boost!

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the California Special? I mean, it's what, wheels and some stickers?
I agree, CS special big deal, your just giving away money to ford

I'm VERY not happy about 19" wheels, mostly due to price of tires, but also do to the totally unecessary weight added at one of the worst possible places. They better be wrapped around some seriously huge brakes.
Fords just goin with the trends, but what car guy buys a car and doesnt change wheels?? Get some 18s with big brakes and some sidewall. Couldnt do that before.

I'm not so concerned about details regarding the GT500 'vert - the last update to the GT500, where they basically took the KR's suspension and made it standard, wasn't applied to the convertible; so there's a chance that the 'vert will use all of the remaining 5.4s where the coupe will get a new motor. Maybe not a large chance, but it wouldn't be unprecedented.
Auto makers always down play convertibles cuz they arent as stiff just the way it is.

I like that there's an SVT package - I'd like to see a new SVT that's not tainted by tacking on someone's name to the back and the price inflation that goes with such name-dropping. Hopefully it'll include improved suspension, too, but I won't hold my breath.

I'll be happy so long as there's a new motor for the GT.
SVT package is just gonna be over priced bolts on from whats they said there. Unless you want the SVT name, why bother?

Will all the GT's have 5.0s in them?
I believe the 5.0 is repalcing the 4.6 so yes!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
DRock, the 07-09 Cali Specials are way better lookin than the 2010 GT. If they make the front and rear look as hideous as the 2010 GT's. I'd stick with yours. :yes Hands down.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The 2010 Mustangs have 19" tires so I look for tires to become more available. 19's look the best on our cars imo.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I doubt that the new 2011 will have a 5.0......

it would be sweet but doubt it.. be nice if they got out 4.6 to at least 340-350 hp

·
Registered
247 Posts
They have pretty much already announced the 2011 will have the 5.0.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Indeed. There is another article on some other mustang forums, rhymes with modular fords, basically detailing that the 2011 with have at least 2 options. 5.0 V8 (Rumors say direct injected) and Ecoboost Twin Turbo 6 (same as in the Taurus SHO cept more boost) .

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I doubt that the new 2011 will have a 5.0......

it would be sweet but doubt it.. be nice if they got out 4.6 to at least 340-350 hp
Errr... keep doubting then. But why bother? Full disclosure comes in Vegas just before Christmas.... :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts