Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After details of the 2011 Mustang GT leaked out late yesterday, the folks at AutoWeek decided to blow more of the embargoed information and then additional outlets in attendance couldn't help themselves by pouring on the details. As we reported yesterday, the 2011 Mustang GT will in fact get a 5.0-liter V8 engine making 412-hp. That power will come on at a lofty 6500 rpm with torque rated at an impressive 390 ft-lbs. Owners will be able to choose from either a 6-speed manual of a 6-speed automatic transmission, helping the 5.0-liter motor to get 25 mpg on the highway.

The new 5.0-liter engine is an all aluminum unit with four valves per cylinder and independent variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust ports. There are also specially tuned headers and a forged steel crankshaft.

The official embargo date is still set for the 28th and unless more info is (yet again) spilled prematurely, we'll have even more to tell you then.

Editors Note: We've decided not to officially list a source for this story as we don't want to post a link-back to an embargo breaking source.

More: Leaked: Even More 5.0-Liter 2011 Mustang GT Info Slips Out on AutoGuide.com

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
The only thing i have heard about the pistons and rods is that they will be ''high performance'' its still vague

·
Registered
99 Posts
i recieved this from my sales guy here in afghanistan so cross your fingers!!

"Trust though that even though the rebates are $1650 on the 2011 ! if you get put into a 2011 at a 2010 price you will be a winner! Either way , just make up your mind and sit tight and let me do the work on this"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why there is so many people even thinking that the chevy camero will even stay close to the 5.0 GT is beyond me. they are die hard chevy fans that just need to die! They all have no argument but HP numbers . they all try and say that the rear suspension on the mustangs is for straight line only but then why is the mustang a great track performer just the same? the mustang 2010 drove circles around the camero and now with the added horses it's what you call "a rap". tell the chevy guys to start crying now. cause when i spank the camero and corvettes all day they will think twice about ford and our mustangs. god chevy owners and there big displacement dont get that lighter wins the race almost everytime!

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
I'd like to see what numbers the 2011 Cobras will be putting out.

Considering Ford is going to want to keep a gap between the GT500 and the regular GT...

700HP+ GT500, anybody?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
well i'm gunna start saving up as soon as i get my catback on my stang...

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
yeah thanks i cannot spell for **** ! but you got the point - right?

when is ford going to release the rest of the details on the new 2011
lol :)

I hear ye. I dunno. there was an articlee in this month's MM&FF about the new stuff, but still no details. Supposedly one editor made 36 passes in a 'new Mustang', and said it was spectacular, but he promised not to give out details yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
thats some bull **** , if they want to sell them they better let the cat out the bag!

they already have the max quote for builds with the 2010. thats why i was forced into a 2011 . Im not mad about it though cause it seems like the 2011 will have enough power for me for a good year before S/C come out for it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.