Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

For the past couple of weeks I have been leaking a ton of fluid (pink) in color that I thought was the transmission fluid but it still checks out at the right level according to the dipstick (actually it shows full on the HOT side when the transmission is COLD) Is it possibly that I just have way too much fluid in there and its causing it to blow out the seals/gaskets?

I havent had a chance to get underneath the car yet to visually check. Also, is this the only fluid that is pink? Reason I ask is because ever since this started leaking, my powersteering has been very loud at idle and when turning. I checked the powersteering fluid and it appears full but black in color.

Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks,

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Have you ever checked your coolant level? not sure if your collant would be pink or not but i know some are. check it.

where is it leaking from the front of the engine bay or towards the back? if its the front its probably coolant.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to be around the transmission pan area. I might have time tonight to actually jack it up and look but I'm just confused as to why all my fluids are showing full but I've lost a ton of something? Coolant also shows full.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
It reads full on HOT while COLD? That's way too much fluid for sure. Could be power steering pump, there's different types, some amber in color some red\pinkish.

EDIT: Fluid might still read full because it's way over done in the tranny.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
only fluid that really looks pink is tranny fluid.... (least to my eyes) did you recently have your tranny serviced? or did ya top it off??? if too full it will find somewhere to go.... usually on the driveway

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
if you had your tranny recently flushed or something than thats probably it.

However if you haven't then id jack the car up after driving it and see what you can find.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. Its starting to make sense now. Seems to have started after a local shop did an oil change and "Topped off" all the fluids. Maybe they put way too much in the transmission. So I guess I have to drain all the fluid and replace the transmission pan gasket, then refill?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I'd take it back and complain and see what they do. Hopefully fix it right.
+1. Although I'd just want a refund then go do the work myself. I don't trust shops anymore. Too many idiots working in them. I know there are some guys who do the best work they can, but they're outnumbered by idiots who don't care about their work as long as they're making money.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
+1. Although I'd just want a refund then go do the work myself. I don't trust shops anymore. Too many idiots working in them. I know there are some guys who do the best work they can, but they're outnumbered by idiots who don't care about their work as long as they're making money.
and +1 to you as well sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts