Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new enging put in my 98 mustang gt several weeks ago. They reinstalled my plugs and wires and cut them so I had to replace those the weekend after.

I noticed a smell inside my car which started about a week ago. Funny, but it kind of smells like pumpkin. While I was cleaning the inside of the car this weekend I saw a stain up underneath the glove compartment which looked like it was coming in from the enging compartment. It is orange/redish in color. I looked up underneath the glove compartment and felt up in there and there was a plastic bag.

I was afraid to pull it out because I didnt know if the mechanic had put it there for some reason. Any thoughts. I am extremly pissed off that this is happening and want some ideas as to why they would put it there and what would be leaking out into the car.

·
Registered
444 Posts
the only fluids that should be ran inside the car there would be the heater/ac so it shouldnt be tranny fluid. lay up under there and see all what you can see

·
Registered
923 Posts
if it's a new engine that isn't coolant (not rusty water)
red is usually tranny fluid.. but that doesn't make sense. The heater core is right up behind the firewall on the passenger's side so it could be that that either has a loose hose or is leaking and it is rusted inside so it would give the fluid a red tinge.. try bypassing the heater core and see if it stops. If it does, that's your prob.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not very mechanically inclined. It bypassing the heater coil something fairly easy to do and how would I go about doing that.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
There are two hoses going into your firewall. Both are for the heater core, one brings the fluid in and the other brings it back out. Undo the hoses from the firewall and join them together with a coupler and some clamps. This is how you bypass the heater core.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts