Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im sure I have to fix this ASAP my stang is leaking something I looked wear I parked it the first day I got it and nothing was there so it must have just started...

ok so i cant tell where its coming from its dripping onto the frame then dripping off its been sitting there for about 2 hours maybe and its a decent pile maybe 2x2 inchs its clearish purple maybe

Its not oil that was my first biggest concern and I checked it, it is still fine any suggesstions

Cant wait to start at advance lol discount parts

·
Registered
371 Posts
i would guess it to be antifreeze but nothing i know of is clearish purple most likely its just dirty, hard to say thoguh without looking where its coming from myself, try to figure out where its coming from

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I tryed I cant see anything im going to go wash it REALLY REALLY good tomorrow (going to check all fluid levels before I leave) im going to go to the car wash and use degreaser and use that powerful washer to spray alot of the dirt and everything off maybe I can see then where it is coming from

Im really worried about it, I know earlier when I was dirving all the stuff was fine oil was fine engine stayed cool etc

FOUND IT!!!

Ok I dont know how or where but its my power steering I remember it whining earlier and it is low so how do I deal with this use power steering fluid with stop leak see if that stops it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
yes if its leaking alot checking your levels on all fluids will reveil what it is, good luck

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it its power steering I remember it whining earlier and its low, how do I go about fixing it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
is it the lines or at the pump, buy new lines or buy new pump possibley, not a hard fix either way, haha sorry i forgot all about PS, or remove it completely

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it the lines or at the pump, buy new lines or buy new pump possibley, not a hard fix either way, haha sorry i forgot all about PS, or remove it completely
I would rather keep it but if I dont have the money I will have to get rid of it ok well I would guess it would be the lines because it doesnt look near the pump i will wash her tomorrow (the guy i bought it from had it stored in a shack that was muddy so the bottom is muddy) I have no idea where the lines go lol any idea?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine leaks a little too, no big deal, just check the lined going to the bottom of the pump they could be lose or have a small hole. Don't be to worried mines been like that for 6-8 mths now. One end of the lines go to the pump and the other go towards the bottom drivers side of the radiator.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok well mine isnt leaking ALOT but its not leaking little its like inbetween to moderate where does the line run to lol I know where the pump is but where does the line auctually run to? I'll check it tomorrow its kind of dark here rain clouds wow I almost died lol I was like wow

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok well mine isnt leaking ALOT but its not leaking little its like inbetween to moderate where does the line run to lol I know where the pump is but where does the line auctually run to? I'll check it tomorrow its kind of dark here rain clouds wow I almost died lol I was like wow

you tracing it by hand would be easier then me expaining where it goes, haha

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you tracing it by hand would be easier then me expaining where it goes, haha
haha ok so if its the hose just replace it and if its the pump how much you think that will be ?

(pretty sure its just a hose or the hoses)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Most likely it's not the pump, maybe the seal where the hose screws in the actual pump, of it could be a slightly lose hose calmp.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok doesnt sound like its gonna cost to much thats good ok lets say it goes completely dry no more Power Steering fluid is in it what could happen?

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok doesnt sound like its gonna cost to much thats good ok lets say it goes completely dry no more Power Steering fluid is in it what could happen?

then is when you get a bad pump, ive had it happen and tears its self up inside

·
Registered
437 Posts
The steering wheel be hard to turn, just check it every 4-5 days so you don't burn up the pump. When you start hearing it whine loudly add some till you can get it fixed.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok well i'll make sure she doesnt start whining to loudly is it ok if she whines a little cause she has been for the past few days or so
hopefully I can fix it sometime soon or tomorrow lol depends on how much the hose or w/e is

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's cheaper to replace power steering parts than to buy new manual stuff.
ok well then I'll keep it lol for sure hope its just lose or something and tomorrow I can fix it asap

im makin a list of all the bad stuff that way when I get older i can look back and be like yeah I remember those times.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
all ford power steering whines dont worry about it unless its extra loud

1 - 20 of 43 Posts