Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced the weatherstripping on the trunk of my 1970 coupe but somehow some water still comes in. I assume this isn't normal; does anyone have any ideas of what I can to do prevent/stop water from coming into my trunk?

thank you for any help!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the back window seal replaced but it still leaks (just not as much). When I last washed my car, I noticed a little puddle on the rear deck lid. When I open the trunk I noticed two small puddles on either side of the trunk. The new trunk weatherstripping has been on for at least 3 months. I am so beyond frustrated! I was told that when they made mustangs in the 70's, the bodies weren't built as exact as they are today and that possibly the rear window moldings may not be correct which is why the rear window leaks despite new weatherstripping. I was told that it will require some metal and body work to correct it. But I don't have that kind of $$$ right now. Could I just use silicone for the rear window (in the spot that its leaking from)?

·
Registered
63 Posts
jump inside with flash light and have someone start spraying it down.
Another good way is a spray bottle of soapy water. roll up windows turn heater fan on hi and close all doors and windows.
start spraying soapy water over seems and weather stripping.
Problem areas will bubble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts