Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed Howard’s rattler camshafts on my 2007 mustang gt after the install I let the car idle for around 20 minutes came out side and saw a check engine light turned the car off checked the codes. There was 4 different codes all from o2 sensors saying car is lean. I have an appointment at pro dyno in rock hill this coming up Tuesday to get the car dyno tuned. The car seems to run fine besides obviously the idle not being anywhere near what it should be with the cams throwing it off. My question is is it safe to drive it 35 minutes to the dyno or should I have it towed ?

· Registered
5 Posts
I recently installed Howard’s rattler camshafts on my 2007 mustang gt after the install I let the car idle for around 20 minutes came out side and saw a check engine light turned the car off checked the codes. There was 4 different codes all from o2 sensors saying car is lean. I have an appointment at pro dyno in rock hill this coming up Tuesday to get the car dyno tuned. The car seems to run fine besides obviously the idle not being anywhere near what it should be with the cams throwing it off. My question is is it safe to drive it 35 minutes to the dyno or should I have it towed ?
I'd check for vacuum leaks.

· Resident Know-it-all
2,970 Posts
Probably not a vacuum leak. When you put aftermarket cams in, the lopey idle we all love is putting unburnt air and fuel into the exhaust, since O2 sensors read, well, oxygen and not hydrocarbons, tge unburnt mixture appears lean to the sensors and then the computer. The computer tries to add fuel to compensate, which makes it worse, and it then throws up its hands and sets a lean code. Is it Bill Miller at Pro Dyno? He'll fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts