Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured I would finally go with cut springs. Naturally, I didn't really feel like spending $30 on gas to go home and do it in my driveway so I decided id find a big empty space of parking lot on campus where I wouldn't bug anybody and go to town. All in all, it went pretty smoothly... until I looked at my front rotors and pads. I knew they were bad but I didn't realize how bad they actually were. I realized I wouldnt have time to go out, buy the stuff, and change them before work since ive never done it before and I decided to leave the front on jackstands until tomorrow after my classes when ill finish up. From this and since then, i have learned several things.

1) Rusty bolts on everything are a huge PITA.
2) Campus safety doesn't appreciate cars with only 2 wheels.
3) It takes them 9 hours to realize there is a car with half its suspension and only 2 wheels in the middle of an open parking lot.
4)They'll give you until the end of the next day to put everything together before they fine you.
5) Don't ever plan on something taking the time it should.
6) If you notice you have less stopping power, your brakes and rotors are really worn out.
7) My car has been in an accident before.

So basically, my brake questions are related to changing the pads and rotors. What kind of pads/rotors should I get? How long should it take to change them? Is there anything I need to know that would be specific to our mustangs and not other cars? Are there any other helpful tips?

Once everything is done, I'll post up some pictures.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
1) Rusty bolts on everything are a huge PITA.

5) Don't ever plan on something taking the time it should.
1) Get a can of PB Blaster. It's a gift from the gods when it comes to rusty bolts.

5) That's oh so true. Generally something will go wrong and suddenly your 2 hour project turns into a 6 hour project. I had to call in "sick" to work once because I planned on doing a quick 30 minute project (then clean up and head to work) and it ended up taking nearly 2 hours.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) Get a can of PB Blaster. It's a gift from the gods when it comes to rusty bolts.

5) That's oh so true. Generally something will go wrong and suddenly your 2 hour project turns into a 6 hour project. I had to call in "sick" to work once because I planned on doing a quick 30 minute project (then clean up and head to work) and it ended up taking nearly 2 hours.
alright, ill give that a shot. and i considered it today. I absolutely hate leaving my car taken apart like this overnight.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts

+1

I planned on doing my suspension in like 8 hours

CC Plates
Shocks
Struts
Lowering Springs
Lower Control Arms
8.8 Rear End
Bumpsteer

and it took me a hell of a lot longer than that and i only managed to install

Lowering Springs
Bumpsteer