Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that I used your leather cleaner with amazing results. I love this product. I even wrote a review for it in out detail subforum.
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...view-mothers-leather-cleaner-conditoners.html
I do have a complaint though about it. The pump top spray nozzle. These type bottles are not very user friendly. I am going to have to start filling my own spray bottles with this. I wish you would offer a larger bottle (32oz) with a normal style spray nozzle, or a 32 oz refill so I can fill my own.

Thanks

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and how is the Reflections one step cleaner/conditioner compared to the standard?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Do you think it'd stain white stitching? I'm trying to find something that will keep the white thread in my wifes car nice and bright.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see why it would. It is clear. If anything it should keep the stiching white.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The seats are clean, but I'd hate it if the the cleaner "moved" the dirt into the stitching. I'll try it. So far I've been treating the seats with Armorall Leather and it seems to do okay except for the fact that the stitching isn't as bright as it was when new.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can understand what you are saying. However, the cleaning properties in the Mothers Leather Cleaner are outstanding. Again though it is stitching which means cotton and synthetic fibers that can stain. You could always try a diluted APC and small detail brush to clean the stitching.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm going to try it and see how it works.

·
Registered
221 Posts
M.P. Cobra Fan,

Thank you for the kind words as well as the constructive criticism. I think one problem with the sprayer is the shape of the bottle, and I certainly won't disagree with you either way.

If one maintains their leather, hopefully once it is clean, it will be easier to keep it clean.

To address WNTS 2RN's question, as well as offer other tips, if there is a lot of soil, even after a good vacuuming (especially along the stitching), certainly work away from any light-colored stitching and switch to a clean sides of the towel frequently.

Avoid saturating the stitching with any cleaner or conditioner product. Especially with light stitching, test in an inconspicuous area first and let it set over time, but it should be fine.

It sometimes is better to apply the cleaner on the applicator towel rather than directly on the surface, and the same could be said for the conditioner as well, especially on perforated leather. More product is not necessarily better in either case.

If the stitching does turn dark, clean it with an appropriate cleaner (even our leather cleaner), and avoid getting excess conditioner on the leather. I know, easier said than done, and I don't have a better suggestion at this time.

We do have a new Mothers VLR Vinyl-Leather-Rubber care that is a combination cleaner/conditioner, and it is coming soon. It would be ideal to quickly maintain your leather in between uses of the dedicated products.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It very well could be the shape. It makes it hard to grip and spray. I wish it was sold in a 64oz platform. I would pick it up and just refill my 22oz sprayer with it.

How do you feel the the new VLR will stand up compared to the 2 part system? I am sure it will still be a good product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts