Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just purchased these seats locally and they are pretty good shape just poorly taken care of. There is no cracking in the leather however it is dry in spots and has some creasing. Wondering in your opinions which is the best leather conditioner I can buy "OTC" from auto stores or walmart? I dropped $8 or $9 bucks on some Mother VLR which seems to be ok. Only applied one application to one of the seats (limited time) Also if you notice that seat has a couple drips of white paint on it. What is safe for the leather but strong enough to strip it off? Thanks for any info. I did search and see the leatherique products and Zaino but like I said I was looking for OTC rememdies in the meantime until i can order some of the good stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Pepboys carries Zymols leather cleaner and then their entry level Zymol leather conditioner this or Mothers Leather cleaner and Mothers Leather conditioner, but I have had a hard time finding them locally yet if you can find them they do work really good on my leather seats which are the same. Invest in leather cleaning brush Swissvax makes a great one.

Reactions: 6BangEr

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Have any of you used the Mothers VLR that I'm talking about? I'm thinking about just using it for the dash and door panels and what not once I get the good leather conditioner

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Thanks for the info. Have any of you used the Mothers VLR that I'm talking about? I'm thinking about just using it for the dash and door panels and what not once I get the good leather conditioner
Yes I have it it cleans and conditions really nice for an OTC product I used it on a 2011 5.0 GT/CS I paint corrected and detailed the interior, it leaves a low gloss/matte look thats dries to the touch and is not all greasy and nasty. One of Mothers best products. Tomorrow my photo bucket should be up I will post pics;)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was almost surprised to see it dry up. LOL. It looked like the leather was drinking it. Also the seats are a little smoky (prev owner smoked) Anything other than Febreze auto that helps and is leather safe?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They don't sell smaller containers for that stuff?

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Lexol is pretty good, and you can get the cleaner and conditioner for under $15 at most O'reillys and Advance Auto parts.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I gave them a good bath in the VLR last night. The paint came right off without any abrasion. Passenger seat looks great. Driver seat does too but has a few wrinkles so I will be ordering some leatherique soon.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
The only issues I have had with OTC lexol and megs are they are sticky...The mothers is ok though...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
probably what I'm gonna order then. I thought it was worth the extra 9 bucks for all the goodies.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
If you plan on using the Rejuvinating oil, go to WalMart or any art supply place and pick up some 2" foam paint brushes. Makes applying it really easy. Also some black outdoor trashbags. Apply the oil then cover it with the trash bag and park it in the sun.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
If you plan on using the Rejuvinating oil, go to WalMart or any art supply place and pick up some 2" foam paint brushes. Makes applying it really easy. Also some black outdoor trashbags. Apply the oil then cover it with the trash bag and park it in the sun.
See I didnt do the trash bag deal...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
See I didnt do the trash bag deal...
I know a pro detailer who uses a heat gun or a hair dryer to open the pours of the leather prior to applying the oil and then he covers it with a plastic bag and heats it up again while the oil sits it help accelerate the process;)

This is the same kit because this is the same vendor use the autogeek discount code and save 10%

http://www.autogeek.net/le16ozkit.html

1 - 20 of 26 Posts