Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The below listed as new part on LMR and I have never seen an add in LED bulb on a vehicle. Anyone have experience with these or similar compared to halogen? My main concern is are they a legal replacement bulb or is it illegal like HIDs? My fake HID's had to come out shortly after installing due to being stopped and would like a brighter light but don't wanna have to pull them soon after purchase. Thanks in advance!

Mustang Headlight & Fog Light LED Bulb Kit (05-12) - LatemodelRestoration.com

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'm not too sure about the "legality" of it, but I can assure you that if their pattern is anything like the "HID" kits you're mentioning, then they'll probably be illegal as well. The best way to utilize these is to have them fitted in a projector housing so you're not blinding the **** out of everyone, but still much greater light output. With that being said, if they're similar to Silverstars, then you should be good.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too sure about the "legality" of it, but I can assure you that if their pattern is anything like the "HID" kits you're mentioning, then they'll probably be illegal as well. The best way to utilize these is to have them fitted in a projector housing so you're not blinding the **** out of everyone, but still much greater light output. With that being said, if they're similar to Silverstars, then you should be good.
Yeah the pattern worries me since I have not seen it before. I don't want to swap to projector lights on this body style I think they don't look that great. I have the "expensive" silver star lights in them now and they are still okay at best.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Let us know how those work for you. Been interested in replacing my HIDs but really like the way they illuminate the road.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one in ARs post.

Any updates? Im intrigued
I haven't dug into it much further since reading the diode link you posted. If it primarily a cosmetic upgrade then I won't be getting them. My jeeper buddies have been keeping an eye out for someone in there off-roading groups with them though so I can see them in person at some point.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am curious about if the light scatter is the same as the fake HID's. I definitely like the light color over halogen's though.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
From the 14 pages I read over on the jeep forum last night they said theres no scatter at all even on high and have yet to have anyone flash their lights at them like happens with HIDs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts