Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into new headlights.. and the basic idea is.. Im going to have the smoked mustang headlights that come with a Xenon bulb. However.. I saw a car in town.. lights bright as hell.. the guy said he had LED.. I asked around a bit.. and cant find any IN town.. so anyone know a place to find some that would actually ' fit ' a 01 mustang.. :mad: the local car shops couldnt seem to find any.. As well.. would a LED headlight be better for smoked headlights.. or a HID Xenon.. or whats the difference?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
As far as I know very few cars come with them stock and the lights alone usually add on to the price tag somewhere around $4,000-$7,000. IDK about you but I would look into making them yourself before even considering buying them, however you need to have pretty good knowledge in electronics before you even bother messing with it b/c it's definitely not as easy as it would seem.

·
Registered
990 Posts
i like HIDs personally

·
Registered
990 Posts
But then again, if you know how to work with LEDs and what not and have the cash to do it, i think it would be pretty cool to see LEDs done up right

·
Registered
59 Posts
HID's FTW

And reverse HID's

If you're looking for LED's like running lights then look no farther than V-leds.com

They have the nicest, brightest, longest lasting LED's period

·
Registered
990 Posts
would it be possible to make LEDs into turning signals?

·
Registered
990 Posts
is it illegal to have turn signals any other color besides amber?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Pretty sure it is, but just to be safe I would ask a local law enforcement officer just to see what they would say. I saw a Bronze/Orange 350z with blue turn signals, I'm not gonna like it looked pretty sick, but I don't think it would work on any other color.

·
So Smart I'm Rotardary!
4,669 Posts
would it be possible to make LEDs into turning signals?
I have LED turn signals on my RX-8. It's not hard to do, just make sure you get some load resistors for them. Go to V-leds.com, they will have everything you need.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Johnathon I think you made the same mistake I did. You bought a set of headlights, left in the Xenon bulbs they came with, and they just don't compare to other HIDs/LEDs. Problem is HID bulbs need a conversion kit to work correctly. You can pick a conversion kit up on ebay for $40 to $100. That's what I did though I have yet to install it (currently running halogens).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright well good thing is its still stock headlights.. I had some Xenon bulbs a friend gave me.. but when I tried switching the bulbs out.. it didnt work xD So kinda picked up that I needed everything new.. but with all that was said.. I think I will try the HID conversion kit before I do anything else. Its still going behind smoked lights anyways.. so.. the brightness of the bulb and darkness of the headlight should blend fine. And.. my friend owns a VR4... had LED as his turn signals.. and cop gave him a ticket for it.. dunt know why.. maybe in Oklahoma.. illegal =.=

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
All I know is SRT8's can haul some serious ass. I can't wait till I own one and mod the **** out of it. YoungMedic, I wasn't aware you were rolling around with 600hp/580tq, until I saw another video of your jeep on youtube by complete accident. when I saw the grill I made the connection, well that and I saw the username LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
All I know is SRT8's can haul some serious ass. I can't wait till I own one and mod the **** out of it. YoungMedic, I wasn't aware you were rolling around with 600hp/580tq, until I saw another video of your jeep on youtube by complete accident. when I saw the grill I made the connection, well that and I saw the username LOL
Yep i'm all over youtube LOL

My Jeep has much more power now :D

Vids coming soon

·
Registered
59 Posts
What kind of numbers you throwing down now? Where you located?
523hp/511tq to all wheels

11.57 @ 118mph...7.35 1/8th...1.59 60'...0-60 3.45 secs....on street tires, Borla S, and Vortech V3 at 7psi

I have MUCH more now...ice box...kenne bell boost a pump...dual heat exchangers...ati overdrive damper...and some things i can't disclose...Jeep will be out next week...going for 10's....again on street tires

I'm in SoCal

1 - 20 of 24 Posts