Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for yet another thread from lil ol me i've just been trying to venture into fields i know nothing about and learning although the search function doesn't seem to be helpin me alot. any how to the issue i just ordered new hids coming from my previous thread , as well a new set of headlights so i figured i would see about LED turn signals here is what ive found so far in the 3157 and will the leds stay on like the amber bulbs did?

what i want to know is will any one of these work for the FRONT turn signals?

And will they be the same as the factory bulbs just plug them in and go?

3157 3057 4157 LED TURN SIGNAL 30 LEDs BULBS BLUE PAIR | eBay

Pair Blue 24 LED 3157 3057 Front Rear Turn Signal Bulbs | eBay

3157 18-SMD WHITE LED FRONT TURN SIGNAL LIGHT BULBS | eBay

this seems to be the brightest
2x 3157 WHITE 42-SMD LED BULBS FRONT TURN SIGNAL LIGHTS | eBay

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I would recommend V-LEDs, more specifically, these for the tail lights (amber bulbs from the front signals are in the same section). Anything else will be washed out easily in the direct sun. You will also need a solid state flasher relay (advance auto carries them) since your stock relay will think that the tail lights bulbs are burnt out due to the low power draw inherent to LEDs.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
so i cant just plug these in the front and go i guess what's being said? how much is the relay ussualy?

also can i get a link to the relay because they have no idea what im talking about zzzz

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
You can install them, though your blinkers may flash extra fast since the stock relay is a mechanical component (I forget whether replacing only the front 2 bulbs will cause this though). The Department of Transportation deems that all turn signal modules give a visual indicator to the driver if a bulb is burned out. This mode is called "outage". The Mustang flasher does this by sensing the current draw, if it is below the draw of 3 bulbs per side, the module doubles the flash rate. LEDs don't use much power and don't put enough current draw on the flasher, so it thinks that your tail light bulbs are burnt out. A solid state relay would have the same flash rate regardless of the current draw. Advance auto carries a solid state flasher relay for our cars for $9, part number EP27

You can also fix the problem by wiring in load resistors, which just draw power and convert it to heat so that the car thinks the bulbs are working. Though it's not something I recommend since they're just a fire hazard waiting to happen.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's all true above but, you can also add a resistor to the turn signal positive and the negative, just make sure that the resistor doesn't touch anything plastic or rubber. The resistor will get very hot when in use. When you order the Led's inquire about the resistors. You will need one per turn signal. In addition, the wires on the outside of the socket for the turn signal are the wires you will need. I suggest you connect to the factory wires with t-taps or scotch locks. Best of luck

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input fella's ive learned alot lol reps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts