Modded Mustang Forums banner

Left hand blinker

1K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  tsp_2177 
#1 ·
Hey today on my way to work I turned my left blinker on and it is blinking supper fast!! I turned on my right blinker and it was the normal speed. Does this mean its burning out or is burned out? If its burned out were should I get a new bulb and does anyone have the number of what type bulb it is?

#3 ·
Most auto parts stores usually have books that tell you what part number you need for your car. Walmart usually stocks a decent amount, as do the other places. Check whereever you buy the oil and filters or other consumables for your car.

#4 ·
it's burnt out.

turn on your blinker and see which light is out.

could be a head light.. high beam..
tail light.. back up light.. or blinker.
Test them all ( by looking ) and pull the bad bulb. bring the bulb to any auto parts store and hand it to the clerk

#9 ·
advanced doesn't have **** for our cars
well at least last time i checked the didn't
so i had to go pay $13 just for one brake light bulb at the dealership :(

#12 ·
i've had the worst trouble with my brake light bulbs, i've been through that one and my trunk light bulb within like a month or two.
i'm thinking about switching to LED brake lights so i wont have to worry about them anymore

#29 ·
When I purchased my 05 I asked the salesman were the light was at under the hood, he told me it is there but only comes on when the hood is down and the headlights are on. it has been three years now and haven't been able to see the light when it comes on???? I think he was lying:mad: Do you think it is under warranty:dunno

#22 ·
can anyone find just the led inserts or led brake lights that look stock?
no euro **** for my car,
and all i can find other than that is the 3rd brake light :dunno

#23 ·
I dunno, but if you find one, lemme know.

If any of your friends are handy with a soldering iron and frequent Radio Shack, it should be pretty easy to put together a kit on your own as long as you know what you're doing. That stuff isn't rocket science and would also be pretty darn cheap.

#25 ·
thanks man yeah, i've messed around with LEDS but i could never really find Bright ones :dunno
and i don't know about the two different stages in wiring them up you know, for just like running brightness, and braking brightness, might have to tinker, and research some more...

#28 ·
a bulb burned out makes 1/2 less resistance in the circuit which causes the relay to blink twice as fast. $13 for a bulb... did you get a reach around with that?

#30 ·
:no
i was expecting like 5 lol
then the person behind the counter said 13, and i almost **** a brick!
i asked if warranty would cover it and they said no :sorry

#31 ·
if another one goes out or more just go out, im getting the LED's. for them only lasting a year, almost a hundred buck every year would be rediculous so i'd rather just spend $250 once and be done with it

#34 ·
I had a bulb in my third brake light go out last year. I took it to a dealership and they replaced it at no cost....

#36 ·
mines fixed!
fixed it this weekend with a dollar fifty bulb lol
the actual brake lights is where they rape you, because napa and advanced didn't carry them yet when mine went out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.