Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i backed into my driveway and my left tire spun,wtf?. previous owner make it a posi or is that normal? also to save a new post is seafoam worth all im hearing about it?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
That's how the v6's are.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Seafoam rules!!
I'm not sure of the chemical reaction, but it stoped my car from sputtering.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Anytime you use a pcv system, you'll have some oil misting introduced into the intake. however due to the poorly designed baffle on the drivers side valve cover, oil can actually be sucked up through the pcv and introduced into the intake. Over time those deposits build up on the walls of the intake and on thevalves. Seafoam is by far the best way to clean it out. The only other option will require you to remove your heads and intake. So for the price its most definitely worth it. I believe their are others on here that'll agree I'd even pay more, once you consider the cost of new gaskets. Make it a good habit just to include it into your tune up/oil change regimen. Also you can add an air/oil seperator to remedy the problem, or they changed the baffle on the drivers side valve cover, but i dont remember the year.

Oh and as stated above, the design of the open diff rear will cause some driver side wheel spin, when harshly reversed.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Seafoam is some strong stuff. Yea it will eat through all that junk that can build up in an engine. But it can also eat through a gasket if left in your oil for too long. That's why everyone says to do an oil change right after letting the seafoam do it's thing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do a burn out man ... see if both tires leave marks or just one ...
Seafoam clears STD's off your cock ! Excellent for cleaning out an engine !!!!
Lmao seafoam should really advertise that...

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
From my understanding of differentials, that can happen. Limited slip differentials will basically provide power to the wheel that needs it most and provide power to both wheels when possible. With an open differential, it will only provide power to the wheel with the most traction but never both wheels. If you want to have both wheels constantly receiving power then you would have to have a locker instead of and LSD. And yes, Seafoam is great for cleaning out carbon build-up in your engine.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
From my understanding of differentials, that can happen. Limited slip differentials will basically provide power to the wheel that needs it most and provide power to both wheels when possible. With an open differential, it will only provide power to the wheel with the most traction but never both wheels. If you want to have both wheels constantly receiving power then you would have to have a locker instead of and LSD. And yes, Seafoam is great for cleaning out carbon build-up in your engine.
This saved me money. I was going to buy an LSD and 3.73 gears off of a guy from CL tomorrow. Thought LSD meant it had t-lok. Kind of sucks because I would have gotten them for only $100. But I want a tlok..

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Seafoam and STD's-- nice.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
McQueen, have you ever had a stock stang stuck in the mud ? the wheel with the lest traction spins on an open diff :) trust me :p thats how you burn out :p

Ur Panic, Tloks came in GT's, it is a form of LSD. You can adjust the tlok(lsd) or so i was told, to make it lock together tighter or looser. Remember if its completely locked, when you take turns, one wheel will have to spin, the tlok/lsd are supposed to help from that happening as much. Have a 2 wheel burn out in a street driving car. A solid rear is pretty much for drag.

But this isnt by the book, im sure plenty of people drive w/ a solid axle on a dd. Not the most ... lets see ... "economic" i guess ?

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
McQueen, have you ever had a stock stang stuck in the mud ? the wheel with the lest traction spins on an open diff :) trust me :p thats how you burn out :p

Ur Panic, Tloks came in GT's, it is a form of LSD. You can adjust the tlok(lsd) or so i was told, to make it lock together tighter or looser. Remember if its completely locked, when you take turns, one wheel will have to spin, the tlok/lsd are supposed to help from that happening as much. Have a 2 wheel burn out in a street driving car. A solid rear is pretty much for drag.

But this isnt by the book, im sure plenty of people drive w/ a solid axle on a dd. Not the most ... lets see ... "economic" i guess ?
I'm confused here, most people on here say get a t-lok, are you saying just dont tighten it too much or what? I can't figure out if you mean it's a bad thing or a good thing to have both wheels spin on your DD.

I'm just asking the guy if it's LSD t-lok like on AM which has both in the product title.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Tlok is an LSD. Tlok is NOT a solid rear axle.

The tlok has a clutch pack inside. I was told, that the clutch pack can be audjusted, to have more or less "slip" for lack of better terms.

When you make a turn, the outside rear wheels has to go further than the inside wheel. Do you get this ?

Its like if you did a donut, and your Left rear wheel just magically NEVER moved from its place, it would sit there spinning in places. The outside tires would roll, and make a circle.

When that inside tire just sits there spinning, not rolling, that equals a burnt out, just tears away rubber.

An open diff rear end like on out V6s, are made to go around turns and the inside wheel will not have to slide against the street rather it can rotate less than the outside wheel.

Get me ? A solid rear axle makes it so that both tires rotate the exact same as one another. you take a turn, one wheel has to go further then the other (the outside wheel)
For that inside tire to rotate the exact same amount, you either have to be driving straight, or that tire has to lose traction.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Thanks lol, so go ahead and buy the LSD with 3.73s? I just didn't understand the way you worded it the first time haha sorry Mike..

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
As I said, a guy on CL had a 7.5" LSD and 3.73 gears, he was selling them for $100. I was going to pick them up tomorrow, I saw this thread and thought about it. Not sure if it's the stock LSD or the one you can get from AM.

:dunno

1 - 20 of 32 Posts