Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as a lot of you know i did a lot of work to my car back in early april.......well since then my car hasnt been acting right, no power down low and no get up when i reach higher speeds. had no idea what it was, thought it was something i messed up with my boost a pump or some other type of fuel issue...well i was right......i sea foamed my car and changed my oil yesterday and as i was putting my vacuum line back in i realized that ONE OF MY PLUGS TO MY NUMBER 8 CYLINDER WASNT PLUGGED IN!!!! well guess what happened when i plugged it in....it runs like a got damn beast.

im an idiot.

so the lesson for today is.,.....if ur **** isnt running right. make sure everything is plugged in!!!

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
You didn't have a CEL or realize that there was a terrible miss?

I had my #8 injector completely go out on me once and the car runs so bad as all RPMs that I wouldn't even drive it. At least you got it fixed and it wasn't anything big.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only cel i got was for an O2 sensor, i changed it and it went away....there was a miss, and it drove like **** but i had no choice but to drive it running like that cuz its the only car i have, but you know....no harm no fowl..

·
Registered
349 Posts
V7 Power Baby!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
LOL. It sucks and rocks at the same time.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
im glad you figured out what the problem finally was lol. Now that im back in the area hopefully i can check out your car sometime

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:lmao

Someone pwn'd themselves

·
Registered
349 Posts
4.025L
-JK Moose, I'm glad it's all sorted out.
Now how'bout the full report bro!

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
I was on V7 power for a while. I had it in my sig as the founder of the crew.....till I fixed my issue.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That's pretty funny!

That's like free horsepower, after you're used to not having it plugged in. :p

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
wow so it didnt have any spark??? Moose your lucky that running it that long you didnt end up hydraulicing the engine with all the extra fuel in there. didnt you notice raw fuel smell out your exhaust??

·
Registered
430 Posts
You didn't have a CEL or realize that there was a terrible miss?

I had my #8 injector completely go out on me once and the car runs so bad as all RPMs that I wouldn't even drive it. At least you got it fixed and it wasn't anything big.
I had a similar issue, my #8 injector went out and the thing was misfiring terribly. Car was shuddering, had no power, etc.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
This happened to me years ago with my 97 T-bird. Took car in to the dealer for the recalled intake manifold problem and when I got it back the monkey mechanic forgot to plug in one of the plug wires.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Of course, I only tolerated the problem for about a half hour before I was on the horn to the dealer ...

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Would have thought you would have got a misfire code but at least you got the issue fixed.

Better late then never.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
At least it was an easy fix! I was throwing a bunch of CEL and it wasn't starting or idling well, then i realized that my throttle position sensor wasn't plugged in. Oopies!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Wow you would think it show a misfire code. Mine said somethin like open circuit on number 6 coil when i missed mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts