Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! I'm (obviously) new to this forum, but not to forums in general. I just picked up an 88 GT, took it for a ride and parked it for the winter. Now I'm starting to build on what I have:

So over the last couple of weeks I have been doing alot of reading, and have planned a few mods. This is what I have to work with:

BBK cat delete h-pipe exhaust
BBK Cold air
Mac shorties
3.73 rear
70mm EGR (Not Installed)

So my thoughts are to start from the top and work my way down, going with a 70mm TB/EGR spacer, upgrade injectors (Bosch D3's or similar) Then an electric fan, smog bypass belt (83.5" I believe) and synthetic fluid all around.
I am keeping my A/C until it dies (still working strong) And would like to have about a $1000 budget. I also will get some subframe connectors and shock tower bracing to handle some flex. So my first question is with the 70mm EGR, how much grinding do I do to make it flow into the intake without compromising the gasket seal? Looks like there are only a few mil's contact to the stock upper manifold?

Thanks in advance, any and all suggestions welcomed!!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:welcome, nice ride except for those chrome accents on the fender flares. Other then that I would recommend working on your suspension.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah the chrome is going to go for sure! I plan on a paint job before spring also. I'll have to look into some suspention, FYI I plan on using her for after work/weekend cruises with the odd drag weekend. More or less I want it to be a wicked street machine.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Thanks, yeah the chrome is going to go for sure! I plan on a paint job before spring also. I'll have to look into some suspention, FYI I plan on using her for after work/weekend cruises with the odd drag weekend. More or less I want it to be a wicked street machine.
sounds like you already know what you want for her:) ive always been a firm believer of taking care of the suspension first then power afterwards. No point in having all that power if you cant get it all to the ground. But to each his own. Either way your gonna have a fun project as those cars are awesome to mess around with:yes

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What about the 70mm EGR fit to stock intake? Is there supposed to be a transition plate or is the small contact area fine?

Anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts