Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay.. after long delay I'm pretty sure I've figured out what I'm going to do about the crank position sensor dilemma I'm having putting a 1993 Super Coupe engine in my 2000 Mustang. Any way.. I just need to see an exerter gear on the rear of the balancer from say.. a 1997 mustang v6.. I've found pictures online but I need one where someone can confirm what year and model it was from.. It would be GREATLY apreciated....

2000 3.8 mustang balancer
2000 balancer.jpg

Super Coupe balancer
Super Coupe balancer.jpg

rear of 2000 3.8 balancer
rear of 2000 balancer.jpg

rear of Super Coupe balancer with 2000 exerter gear laying how it should to trigger the crank position sensor
rear of Super Coupe balancer w '00 e gear.jpg
obviously the bolt patterns arent the same.. I'm almost positive they are the same exact gear just with the different bolt pattern that I need on the 94-98 Mustangs.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really nobodys got a picture of the rear of a single port balancer?

·
Efficiency is Performance
1,214 Posts
Ill probly will be removing my crank balancer to replace the seal. Ill take a picture of mine then.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no! which one is leaking? The timing cover crank seal probably ay... sorry to hear that!

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you try looking up the part on ebay or rockauto.com for pics?
just a thought.
Yeah but I keep getting mixed pictures and its saying..not actual item in image.. I just figured surely someone has had their HB off.. Or a motor in their floor..something..lol

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
Can it be while on the car? If so, I can get a pic of mine after work today.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may be able to see while its on im not sure..

·
M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
Theres a 94/5 sixxer in the compound at work. I can try get a pick for you if needed

Sent from my droid using my fingers.

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
I couldn't any angle on the exeter other than the edge of the gear. Maybe someone else can get what ya need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts