Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the deal and what do I need to do if a Lethal Performance catted x-pipe won't line up with my Mac LT headers? It looks like its off 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch when I'm trying to line it up. I purchased the x-pipe used from someone with a good reputation and the LTs were on the car when I purchased them. Anyone got any ideas? I'm really on my last leg of frustration after installing a Cobra IRS myself and now completely swapping the exhaust. I just want to get the car back on the ground again since I haven't driven it since the day I bought it.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I had this issue with my Pacesetter LTs and X pipe. I used a porta power to separate the collectors then slid the X pipe on.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unfortunately don't have a porta power and doubt that I know anyone that would. I would also feel very sketchy about forcing the LTs outwards

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I don't either, borrowed one. I had to spread mine almost two inches, the little bit you have to spread them won't hurt then one bit.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Yep, that's exactly what I did. I would imagine you could rent one from an equipment rental store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts