Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-mail your Congressman / Senator ASAP!!!!

CHARLES TOWN, West Virginia -- The daughter of Frank Buckles, who was the last American veteran of World War I, is urging lawmakers to let him lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported Sunday.

Buckles died at his home in Charles Town, West Virginia, about 300 miles (480km) northeast of Charleston, on Feb. 27. He was 110.

Susannah Buckles Flanagan said her father, who served as a military ambulance driver, wanted to lie in the rotunda to honor the memory of all WWI veterans.

"He looked upon this as his final duty, which he took seriously," she said. CHARLES TOWN, West Virginia -- The daughter of Frank Buckles, who was the last American veteran of World War I, is urging lawmakers to let him lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported Sunday.

Buckles died at his home in Charles Town, West Virginia, about 300 miles (480km) northeast of Charleston, on Feb. 27. He was 110.

Susannah Buckles Flanagan said her father, who served as a military ambulance driver, wanted to lie in the rotunda to honor the memory of all WWI veterans.

"He looked upon this as his final duty, which he took seriously," she said.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Wow. Talk about some serious redundancy. Im sure this is a worthwile cause I dont I dont have the first clue whats going on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts