eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Oil change
Oil filter
Air filter
fuel filter
Spark plugs and wires
check the tranny fluid see if it needs changed
Check the brakes and maybe bleed the lines.
Honestly at that many miles it needs done but no one ever does it shocks and struts.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yep, flush all the fluids and replace/reoil filters

·
Registered
380 Posts
When I bought my Stang, the first things I did was change the engine oil, transmission oil, differential oil, spark plugs, coolant, replaced the cooling hoses and thermostat, cleaned the throttle body, and seafoam. Just not in that order. Fluids should all be changed!

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
All fluids, new plugs, replace COP boots and spring wire. It'll run like a scalded dog.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Auto or manual? If auto i would take it to the dealership to have the trans serviced. There is more to it then just dropping the pan and replacing the filter and 6 qts you will get out of it. Ford has a procedure specifically designed for these autos so they live longer after a long stint of no maintence. If its a manual i would swap all fluids plus the brake fluid. many miss that one and have spongy brakes due to water in the lines from being in service too long.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I worked in a GM franchise for four years, we NEVER serviced any transmisions of trades/auction vehicles. NEVER. If you trust a dealership to do any routine maintenance you're asking for trouble. Dealerships are in the business of moving cars, not making sure they're in tip top shape.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I got my car with 145k on it and as soon as I had a chance I did a full tune up

New plugs
oil filter
oil
fuel filter
serpentine belt
coolant flush
and new coil packs down the road

I also ran seafoam through the gas tank and oil car runs like a straight beast with the milesit has on it

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Here's what I do on any used car

Change all fluids
Replace all filters
Replace all hoses
Replace belt
Replace spark plugs and wires
Check brake pads & rotors
Coolant flush & replace radiator cap
Top off blinker fluid:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
blinker fluid lololol

·
Registered
480 Posts
I worked in a GM franchise for four years, we NEVER serviced any transmisions of trades/auction vehicles. NEVER. If you trust a dealership to do any routine maintenance you're asking for trouble. Dealerships are in the business of moving cars, not making sure they're in tip top shape.
I don't know what kind of Ford dealerships you have in your area but the service department at my Ford dealership is top notch. They have talked me out of stuff when I have gone in there on more then one occasion. They would either say I didn't need it or offer me coupons to knock the price down. When my 03 F250 spit a plug out of the head and destroyed the COP and the threads they didn't bend me over. They referred me to these guys Blownoutsparkplug.com Ford Spark Plug Thread Repair and boy they were good. They didn't have to do that at all as I was willing to pay to have the whole head replaced. I asked them point blank if I had any problems with the trans after they serviced it if they would cover it and they said yes as long as I had the free 100 point inspection. I couldn't beat it. Not all dealerships are the same i will give you that but some are owned and operated by people who take pride in their work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts