Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to change out my shift knob sometime this week and just curious what others have gone to? So let's see some interior photos!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here's a basic "T" handle/knob this is, of course, an automatic shifter but with 3/8 x 16 threads it can fit a lot of manuals.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
My knob is bigger than anyone elses.:p

Sorry for the mess and incomplete interior. Took this pic during the shifter install and am working on a little wiring. Wired the button on the knob for O/D. Plus I am still waiting on a couple of pieces from Silver Horse Racing to piece everything back together again.

Back to my knob. It's a universal (at least SAE universal) so you can mount it on any shifter, auto or manual.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
^ you always had a auto..?
Yeah. The wife, she's only driven the car once in a year, can't drive a stick. And I mean can't drive a stick. Don't want to discuss that though. We talked about it in a thread a while back, You want linky? Didn't think so.

TCI Ratchet Shifter here. Haven't got it quite to work right yet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
TCI Ratchet Shifter here. Haven't got it quite to work right yet.
Yeah I went with the TCI too, it's a great mod for the S197 auto cars. I installed mine last Spring and it has been flawless so far, and a lot better than the stock shifter.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts