Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
On the street it's all about the leave. If you can get out you got it in the bag.

I posted this vid but it got moved and it might here too but My car is a small block ford on spray and his is a 496 ( Not a 396 ) , alum heads, back halved car that's been 9.20s on the tires in the vid.

Shakedown on Seenytown - YouTube

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
^that's sick!
Good luck in the race too by the way OP. I'm super interested now! Can't wait to hear the result and see the vid!

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I hope he doesn't back out still...With all the people that will be around I would guess he mans up.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
If he doesn't race, there's PLENTY more where he came from. Here's a list of people who want to race me...
Some Guy with an LS2 1968 camaro (He gave me the brake)
Some Guy with an LS1 camaro (heads up, motor to motor)
some Guy with a SBC Nova on spray (heads up spray to spray)
some Guy with a 351 and gt40 heads (heads up motor to motor)

Just a short list...

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
**** it, I'm bored. Tell me who to run first...This is how they sit.

Stock block 8.2, spray, race gas (he's giving me a spot, don't know what yet)
Stock bottom end 302 with a plate (heads up, he has to clear me)
stock bottom end SBC on motor (I gave him the brake and the clear, his motor to my spray)
Stock block SBC 23* heads on motor (I get everything in drag racing from him, me on spray)
Stock iroc on street tires with bullshit mods (I give him everything in drag racing motor to motor)
Tell me who to pick first..

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Just combine those two lists together and those are most of the people who want to run. Everyone's hates me, hence the huge list lmao.

·
Because Racecar
3,045 Posts
I'm not sure if this is kids or the big boys that you're messing with, but it seems like you're kinda the one to pop off to the Chevy guys just because you've got a bottle. Around here, if you're in with the big boys, you bite your tounge and keep to the person you know the most. Granted everyone is cool and calm, but don't ever cross the line from confident and proud to shithead and immature. Especially when youve got change in your pocket.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I don't pop off exclusively to chevy guys cause I have a bottle. I pop off to anyone who has a car and wants to race! Chevies are just more popular around me I suppose.

The guy with the 1968 LS2 camaro wants to race ASAP so this weekend should be good ;)

You also have to realize that my car on spray will be in the 10s and most people can't get down on the streets. Don't worry...I'll keep opening new threads for new races I get.

Oh, the comment about big boys or kids...It depends. It's a mixture of both to be honest. One of the guys is 17 and in High School. Another one is 35 and doesn't really race for money often...I know my ways around the streets, don't worry about that ;)

EDIT: Just read my hitlist and saw 90% of them are chevies...Lol. It's all good, they'll all know what's up after I race :yes

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
No offense guy, but it sounds to me like they all want a piece of your ass for a reason. Perhaps you're a little too cocky for your own good... You ever hear the saying, "Don't let your battleship mouth overload your row boat ass"? My grandfather used to say that a lot.

Now I had mildly built Mach1 that ran on the bottle. Nothing special.. Ran high 10's on the sauce. I hungout with the LS1 guys and Ford guys. Never had too many issues with each, but then again I respected the capabilities of everyone's ride. Now I ran across your usual asshole Chevy guy here and there, and I ran across your usual asshole Ford guy too. I didn't run my mouth, but I took great pleasure in shutting those cocky motherfuckers up, and sending them home in light of their money and pride...

·
4 cam 4 life
2,825 Posts
No offense guy, but it sounds to me like they all want a piece of your ass for a reason. Perhaps you're a little too cocky for your own good... You ever hear the saying, "Don't let your battleship mouth overload your row boat ass"? My grandfather used to say that a lot.

Now I had mildly built Mach1 that ran on the bottle. Nothing special.. Ran high 10's on the sauce. I hungout with the LS1 guys and Ford guys. Never had too many issues with each, but then again I respected the capabilities of everyone's ride. Now I ran across your usual asshole Chevy guy here and there, and I ran across your usual asshole Ford guy too. I didn't run my mouth, but I took great pleasure in shutting those cocky motherfuckers up, and sending them home in light of their money and pride...
Couldn't have said it better..."walk quietly and carry a big stick"...

if someone wants to race...I just keep quiet and see how it pans out...

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Its a little different with money races. I hear what you guys are saying though...**** talking is all part of the game and EVERYONE does it, lol. They all want a piece because I played the game right ;)

Its closer to Saturday now...Cant wait :D

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
^ this is right. You just never know what the other guy's got....and I like the idea of being passive agressive. Let the other guy talk all he wants...if you just smile at his comments or just sit back quiet...it just pisses them off even more. Then when you win, it makes it that much sweeter.
On top of that, I think it was Lincoln that said "better to say nothing and let them think you are stupid, than to speak and remove all doubt." That can be applied to racing......sorta.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Smh....Guess you guys don't have grudge racing near you.

Fastback, im spending all day Saturday and about 140$ worth of plugs tuning. It'll be all set by Saturday night and then im gonna race him. He has claimed its a stock longblock with a cam so idk...If its true then its not as fast as he says. He's making it out to be a high 9 second car. Or, he just might think I have a 12 second dud who knows..lol

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
yeah guys no offense but grudge racing is different than street racing.

Grudge racing is alot of **** talking but its fun **** talking, like you dont actually HATE the other guy but you still talk a little smack. No-one really knows what you got and what the other guys got, its all for the extra fun of it.

Your not just running with your friends on the street for fun. your going to a group of guys who are all gonna purposely pick on each other but its all part of the fun. chevy vs ford just amplifies the smack talking

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
^^ I saw the thread where you went to Atco for your V6 times...That's probbaly why you know about grudge racing. Jersey is big with that. My local forum has people from PA, Jersey, CT and NY. We all come together at Atco (sometimes E-town) for big grudge races.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Its a little different with money races. I hear what you guys are saying though...**** talking is all part of the game and EVERYONE does it, lol. They all want a piece because I played the game right ;)

Its closer to Saturday now...Cant wait :D
Dude, You know what they say about assuming right? It makes an ASS out of yoU and ME... Street racing is how I afforded to eat while I was in college. I know how to play the game. It doesn't require running your mouth like a fool...

No, everyone DOESN'T do it.
+1 Repped

Smh....Guess you guys don't have grudge racing near you.

Fastback, im spending all day Saturday and about 140$ worth of plugs tuning. It'll be all set by Saturday night and then im gonna race him. He has claimed its a stock longblock with a cam so idk...If its true then its not as fast as he says. He's making it out to be a high 9 second car. Or, he just might think I have a 12 second dud who knows..lol
Dude, I went to college in NC and I used to be on carolinagrudgeracer.com as well as detroitracing back home. I know how it works. I hate loudmouths, always have. Always wil...

yeah guys no offense but grudge racing is different than street racing.

Grudge racing is alot of **** talking but its fun **** talking, like you dont actually HATE the other guy but you still talk a little smack. No-one really knows what you got and what the other guys got, its all for the extra fun of it.

Your not just running with your friends on the street for fun. your going to a group of guys who are all gonna purposely pick on each other but its all part of the fun. chevy vs ford just amplifies the smack talking
Once again I see no fun in talking ****. You want race for money then race for money. You want to run your mouth, you get you head busted is more my philosophy. Laughing and joking is alright, but I seen it the trash talk go way to far, and people get guns pulled on them, or get pieced up in Detroit for running there mouths too much..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why don't you take your grand and roll it into some upgrades on your car... Screw bet racing, take all the fun out of it IMO. Im gonna bet on the BBC unless you were built on the top end. He would not give you a car length if he knew you would win!

61 - 80 of 95 Posts