Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so its getting time to get the kit on, i just wanna get a few brand new parts first such as a clutch, a relay with wiring harness and i want a TPS WOT switch, which attaches to the tps sensor and when your at wot it sends a signal to go ahead and let the nitrous through

im also starting with .046 nitrous and .030 fuel jets, which comes out to about 80rwhp

now i have a few questions

how far do the solenoids have to be from the motor heat wise? i have about a foot of line from the solenoid to the nozzle and was planning on mounting the solenoids on the firewall right where the cylinder head ends

also where on the fuel rail do i put the out line??
is it on the front of the motor passenger side? that lil plastic screw on it? or where do i put this thing Mustang GT fuel rail adaptor. Gauge adapter fitting for Nitrous or fuel rails lets you mount your gauge adapter to the gauge. Simplify installation of gauges and adapters. Fuel rail adapter fitting. - Mustang GT fuel rail adaptor

everything seems straight forward except the whole fuel part and where i put that line at

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow... bump

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Yea you put it on that valve on the front of the pass. side fuel rail. The center of it unscrews like a valve stem. But be sure to use the liquid type teflon sealant and not the tape.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea you put it on that valve on the front of the pass. side fuel rail. The center of it unscrews like a valve stem. But be sure to use the liquid type teflon sealant and not the tape.
thank you kind sir
do you recommend putting teflon on all the fittings or just certain ones?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not suppose to put teflon tape on compression fittings, any other fittings will be ok. be sure you dont get any in the opening of the lines, that could cause trouble if it clogs them. here are some pics of my current set up:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with the link i provided is that all ima need to attach to the port?

it doesn't look like the picture

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
with that whats in ur link you will then need a tee if you want it to bend, but whats in there will work just fine. Normal nitrous lines are -4AN and that is the correct fitting.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have an elbow for 3an and the line im a going to use for fuel has a 4an on one side and a 3an on the other but yet both ends fit the 3an fitting without any play i'll take a picture in a minute

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
then i would say you have a -3AN fitting not a -4AN fitting. I let me go take a picture to show you how I have my fuel line set up. I used fittings and copper tubing.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the red is actually bigger than the brass colored fitting which detaches from the red an

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
that fitting on the left is a -4AN with a -3AN from the looks of it. The elbow is -3AN and the fitting on the right is a -3AN. Where are you putting that elbow? picture is down loading at the moment of my set up. I used compression fittings and then used the 167-85NOS part for tapping into the fuel rail.

If you are trying to do what Sweet2Kstang has, u need a female -4AN fitting to mae -3AN fitting to make what you have work.

Or you could use one of these
Fuel Pressure Adapter Fittings for Ford Mustang

use this for the fuel rail
167-85NOS ( used and then compression fittings to get to the actual fuel solenoid)
and then this attached to that
250-2103-2-4

that will make it so u have a elbow

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
the elbow is just there if i need it what im just hoping is the adaptor im buying(first post) will work with the line i have

also matt where is the other side of the fuel line going too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts